Page 1 of 6
Yup...
So any one else expecting them...?
Any one nervous...
I'm scared of getting 'B's like...=[
And yes I am indeed very bored at this current moment...
Also the new system for GCSEs are way easier than the current/old ones..=[
Yup...
Good Luck to everyone that is getting them tomorrow!
x
www.myspace.com/whatsername101uk
Add Me? Oui?!
Last edited by whatsername101 at Aug 22, 2007,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
A B is NOT going to be the end of the world, trust me.

I can't get into my school's Sixth Form unless I get at least an A in each subject that i'm looking to do for A level. But then my school's an esoteric, overworking grammar school.
GCSE's are fine, just wait until you hit A-Levels . Dear god they messed me up.
Quote by flambe chicken
what new system?

Maths and science have no coursework and consist of 20 minute multi-choice tests after every subject [so like once a month] and then a test at the end of about 40% of your mark

So the age of having to explain properley scientific methods and theory in your exams gone out the window...

But yeah i get mine tomorrow
Quote by philipisabeast
Maths and science have no coursework and consist of 20 minute multi-choice tests after every subject [so like once a month] and then a test at the end of about 40% of your mark

So the age of having to explain properley scientific methods and theory in your exams gone out the window...

WTF?????

So the newspapers ARE right...
Erm, just out of curiosity, will this new system apply to me? I'm going into year 10 in September, and I would be chuffed to bits if I get to work by the new system Please reply <3 XxxxX
GCSE's dont really mean anything.

you'll find that out when you get let into college regardless of results.

and you'll find out that alevels dont really mean much either when you get to uni.

THEN you'll find out that your degree doesnt really mean much at all either, AND you'll be lumbered with debts.

yup. the system sucks.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Oh **** results day

My mate is giving me a lift from the party i am at tongiht so i am probably going to be smelling of beer and cigarettes with like 17 can of lager in my bag :S

I need 5 C's and 2 B's or above to get into the 6th for i want. I recon i have 3 A*'s, 2 B's The Rest C's and 1 D.
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
yeah im getting my results, only, i need 7 B's and an A to get into the college i want (which is the 3rd best in the country apparently, i think its Bull tbh though), so yeah, im ****ting bricks over here
Quote by Lostprophets$$$
Erm, just out of curiosity, will this new system apply to me? I'm going into year 10 in September, and I would be chuffed to bits if I get to work by the new system Please reply <3 XxxxX

i wouldn't be happy about it. it might mean that you get higher grades, but they're gonna be worthless
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Quote by Lostprophets$$$

You actually probably have already started it in year 9 i think now, but mainly in year 10/11 - and so yeah it probably will affect you [unless your school uses a crazy mad exam board]

Haha i wouldn't be chuffed about it, i dont see how you can ge a detailed understanding of the subject from that in science, which i presume leaves you in a terrible position for college

EDIT: to make it relevent - i need bassically at least 4 C grades and id be let in wit ha few D's; however i took higher papers so it's a minimum of a C or fail but i dont think i totally ballsed it up, i'm hoping for A's and B's
Last edited by philipisabeast at Aug 22, 2007,
I need 3 As and 4 Bs. I did better than that in the mocks, and the exams were easier than the mocks, but i fucked up the coursework pretty badly.
Last edited by blue_strat at Aug 23, 2007,
Gah, don't remind me.

Me = Epic Phail.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Ah rite, thanks guys. I guess its not too good a thing then, especially seeing as I was told I could get 9 A's (not to show off though). Anyone else take any GCSE's in year 9? I took my music and ICT. I got an A in in ICT and an A* in Music But now I'm going to a new school so I have to take them again <3 XxxxX
The new system applies to people who will be in year 10 and 11 once the holidays are over. The regular system ended with us guys that are getting the results tomorrow I believe. I'm glad we had coursework though, because at least we had some kind of foundation to work from in the exams (which I'm not very good at).
Quote by deepestpurple
I'd jump with joy if I got a B.

+1

I think I have failed at least ICT (my coursework was vertually nil) and RE (I couldn't be arsed studying it, the school told us we didnt have to do it, then told us half way through yr 11 that we did).

My mum said for every A I get she will give me £25, and for every A* she will give me £35. has enyone else been promised money for good grades?
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
I cant wait for certain results, ICT and geography in particaluar as we did soo little work in those lessons so the outcome will be hilarious.
Quote by rockdude375
+1

I think I have failed at least ICT (my coursework was vertually nil) and RE (I couldn't be arsed studying it, the school told us we didnt have to do it, then told us half way through yr 11 that we did).

My mum said for every A I get she will give me £25, and for every A* she will give me £35. has enyone else been promised money for good grades?

Yeah, actually, well not exactly, but ya know. My mum said if I get at least 7 A's I get a new guitar and amp of my choice. Hello Mesa Boogie stack and Custom made Gibson (Les Paul Silverburst) My mum's ace at motivating me Rofl. <3 XxxxX
i dont know why everyone ****ting themselves....
i know ive failed maths, chem, bio and physics lol and french I think as well

otherwise im okay
“I feel the same way about disco, as I do about herpes” - Hunter S. Thompson
Quote by Lostprophets$$$
Yeah, actually, well not exactly, but ya know. My mum said if I get at least 7 A's I get a new guitar and amp of my choice. Hello Mesa Boogie stack and Custom made Gibson (Les Paul Silverburst) My mum's ace at motivating me Rofl. <3 XxxxX

Rights
I'm just getting a video ipod if i get good grades.
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Im getting mostly A*'s and A's hopefully with a few B's and a C in RE LOL thats what i was predicted anyway.

The new system is a pile of wank. Coursework was a gift! the little coursework that is left now has to be done supervised in class, meaning the kids lose out on learning time, i mean, WTF!?!?!?

Now all the new year 10's and 11's are just going to have another load of tests forced down their throats.

Sigh* at least A levels haven't been completely ruined... YET!
Gibson Les Paul Std double cut-away
Taylor K-14CE Koa back and front
Epiphone LP standard
Line 6 Flextone 150w
Kam 800w 15inch PA
Yamaha FG720S
Line 6 UXII tone port
Microkorg
Haha, I remember being all nervous about my results.

But yeah, GCSEs mean jack all once you get to A levels.

If you don't do A Levels or go to college you're either a moron or lazy, so nobody will want to hire you anyway
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I'm taking English, Biology, Chemistry and Geography with Music Tech as an extra for A level. Maths was never my thing...
Gibson Les Paul Std double cut-away
Taylor K-14CE Koa back and front
Epiphone LP standard
Line 6 Flextone 150w
Kam 800w 15inch PA
Yamaha FG720S
Line 6 UXII tone port
Microkorg
Anyone have any idea what kind of time the results come in to the schools?? My school has told me next to nothing about tomorrow and I have no idea what time to go in.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Did anyone else do the ICT vrandean Dida course from Edexcel? That was a complete failure at our school (and most others from what I heard) - there were two modules of coursework (each worth one GCSE; no exam!) and most people barely did one.
Quote by -February-Star-
Anyone have any idea what kind of time the results come in to the schools?? My school has told me next to nothing about tomorrow and I have no idea what time to go in.

We've been told to show up between 10am and 12pm at our school, so the results should be there via morning special delivery or something.
if i get straight A's i get a Gibson Les Paul...i don't see that happening somehow
Quote by rockdude375

Yea same here. £25 for every time I get the predicted grade, £50 for if I get better. It's all going into my studio fund.

Quote by philipisabeast

But yeah i get mine tomorrow

Science was pretty much like that anyway. Well mine was, we did 2 bits of coursework, 12 20 minute module tests and then the final exams at the end. It's a great system coz I sucked at science so I got A's in all the modules and coursework, and I'm thinking I'll get a C in the exam so it'll work out as like a B.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
damn you all need high grades. I need 4 D's in English, maths, science and IT to get into my electrical installation course
My year in my school was the last one to do the normal science course and I thought that was pretty easy, I can't imagine what it's like now, with the multi choice exams.

My teachers expect me to get close to straight A*s Becaus eI did in my mocks, but I think I fluked that.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by jambi_mantra

Science was pretty much like that anyway. Well mine was, we did 2 bits of coursework, 12 20 minute module tests and then the final exams at the end. It's a great system coz I sucked at science so I got A's in all the modules and coursework, and I'm thinking I'll get a C in the exam so it'll work out as like a B.

Ditto. Except I tihnk I did pretty suckily in the final exams
Quote by Godbe
Ditto. Except I tihnk I did pretty suckily in the final exams

Yea, well I think I did alright in Physics coz we had a really good teaher and it's my favourite science. I still hate it though. Then Biology coz our teacher was good I just hated her and hated Biology. Chemistry we basicly didn't have a teacher for the entire thing so I didn't know any of it. I didn't know how to read a Periodic table till the day of the exam. I finished it in like 10 minutes coz I had no idea. I'm just hoping it all equals out as a B or C. I need an A in music, maths, english, ICT and History to do the A levels I want. I'm not too confident about it.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Godbe
Did anyone else do the ICT vrandean Dida course from Edexcel? That was a complete failure at our school (and most others from what I heard) - there were two modules of coursework (each worth one GCSE; no exam!) and most people barely did one.

Yup we did that course, it failed as no one could be arsed to do it during lessons as we were not motivated and it ended up as everyone doing it in the last week and getting it all done. It was a complete joke.
Scienece is the easiest exam you could possibly take
I got 98% on my mock science exams in total

Hopefully i did just as well in my Real thing.

RE was easy aswell
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

NEWCASTLE UNITED!