no pick here. I use my thumb. But, on the rare occasion i do use a pick, it's usually one of the blue Dunlop Tortex heavy picks.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
For strumming I use a nice thin Dunlop Nylon 0.46mm. My main acoustic pick after my thumbpick really. Give a nice crisp tone on both my 6 and 12 strings, which I like.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
No pick here either. I keep my nails pretty long and I use all of them for full strum.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I try and use flimsier ones to when I play electric. Makes it sounds softer.
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
I use these cheap .7mm ones off'f eBay- like a quid for twenty or something like that
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
I find light to medium has the best strumming possibilities. Since the pick gives a little easier than most it gives you control. However if your doing a lot of individual string plucking a thicker pick lets you be more precise.
i use dunlop .38 very thin nylon.. great for strumming! not so much for arppegiating, i use snarly dog brain pick .53 when strumming/ picking/ snarly dog brain pick .73 when picking only
I use thin fender 351 picks......they're lighter so you can go faster depending on what kinda strumming your talking bout.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
I like a dunlop nylon, about 0.6.mm.
I find a thinner pick, when strumming, takes some of the harshnees out of the sound. Its also quieter which makes singing while playing easier.
My stuff:
Fender Tele 60's Reissue
Schecter Blackhawk
Vintage V300 acoustic
Yamaha RB170 Bass

Peavey Classic 30 amp

Boss SD-1, DOD Grunge, Guyatone PS-010 Compressor, Marshall SV-1, Vox V847, Zoom G2, Line6 Echo Park
Quote by nezv6
I like a dunlop nylon, about 0.6.mm.
I find a thinner pick, when strumming, takes some of the harshnees out of the sound. Its also quieter which makes singing while playing easier.

Agreed.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Everyone is going to kill me, I know it. I use .94mm Clayton Ultem picks. I snip a curve into the tip with nail clippers, then file a sharp bevel on the curve with nail files, then buff it to a gloss with nail buffers. It gives me an interesting glassy tone for strumming. They're the only picks I'll use when I use picks, other than a trusty Jazz II that I also snipped and beveled. That gives me a very mellow tone. Those are the only picks I use, but I usually use fingers. I'm trying to break that habit, because no one can hear me but myself. It's just too quiet.
Quote by Findinghomer
i use dunlop .38 very thin nylon.. great for strumming!

I need to get myself some of those, as I use the .46mm nylons at the moment. I have used a .38mm, and I want some now!
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
hey chad, why don't you use one of the more rounded points of the pick? it looks about the same to me and would save a lot of trouble
For strumming I use my nails but I always keep a orange jim dunlop Jazz III XL series while Playing but I strum with other fingers!!!
IF U JUST WANT TO STRUM GROW YOUR NAILS LONG THE BEST SOUND EVER!!!
Last edited by sbikram at Aug 23, 2007,
Or...if you don't want normal people thinking you're a crack addict because of creepily long fingernails, use a pick. I also use a dunlop .6, most reliable pick I've used in the short time I've been playing. The fenders I used to use would always break on me, this one has stuck around a while though. I like the thinner picks though, I think it gives a much better sound when strumming.
Thin is common to use for strumming, but I just use medium most of the time. Fingernails also work fine.
0.73 I find is the best.
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom
Peavey ValveKing 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MT-2

I live in your eyes.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
hey chad, why don't you use one of the more rounded points of the pick? it looks about the same to me and would save a lot of trouble

Because I don't need the point and it gives me a great groundwork to make the angle precisely as I see fit. Also, I find they're harder to hang onto holding it that way. I've tried it, didn't like it, and decided to improvise.
Dunlop Tortex .73 nd nothing else. flimsy enough to get good strumming and stiff enough so you can so some picking with it if required.
Dunlop tortex .60´s work for me
Washburn JB100 Customshop USA
Squire Stratocaster, Squire Telecaster, highway 1 tele,
FM65r amp, Marshall MS-4 & FM-15r
Washburn b-9 five string banjo, Eagle dreadnought acoustic. Art & lutherie AMI.