hello!
I might buy a tremol-no for my guitar but I have a question

the point is to alternate between standard tuning and drop-D. so only 1 string gets re-tuned.

my idea is to tune the guitar in drop-D (where i'll use the tremolo) and then block the FR with Tremol-no to change to standard E (in standard E i won't use the tremolo).

when I re-tune the 6th string from D to E (with the FR blocked) does anything happens to the other strings? I mean, when the FR is blocked, messing with the tuning of one string won't affect the bridge and the other strings, right?

and to get back to drop-D i have to:
1) get the 6th string to D
2) unlock the tremol-no

and after I unlock it, it stays in tune

Am I correct?
When the Floyd is blocked it's only blocked from the pitch being raised, so the rest of the strings will go out of tune pretty quick like normal, instead look into getting a D-Tuna, it'll save you a lot of money and will be better off in the long run
http://www.dtuna.com/

Basically install it to an OFR or LFR on the low E, and while it's pushed in you're set to E, and pull it out it goes to D, and you can use the floyd rose exactly the same.

Only downfall is that with constant swapping from the E to D, the strings go out of tune much quicker, but it's better than having to set up your guitar after every show
The D-Tuna won't help one bit - you have exactly the same tuning issues which are what the TS wants to eliminate.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ +1

you're on the right track, basically, tweak, the tremol-no should do what you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?