I've got an older 2 channel Mesa Dual Rectifier, I bought it used almost a year ago, and I want to change the tubes, it's got 6L6's in now, and i want to put in EL34's. Should I go with the Mesa Tubes or another brand? I also wanted to change the preamp tubes; again should i go with the Mesa Tubes or another brand? Also, does anyone know if the rectification tubes ever need to be replaced (it's an older head, I'm sure the previous owner changed the preamp and power amp tubes, but I'm not sure about the Rectifier tubes) on mesa's site they post that preamp tubes should be replaced every 2-3 years, and power amp tubes every 1-2; does that sound about right to everyone?

THANKS
tyler casket
When I retube an amp, I do all of them - regardless of age. Go with JJ's. I've used them in all my amps and have never heard a bad thing about them.
(except from those boobs who think "Dougs" tubes are soooooo much better than JJ)
Quote by demea
When I retube an amp, I do all of them - regardless of age. Go with JJ's. I've used them in all my amps and have never heard a bad thing about them.
(except from those boobs who think "Dougs" tubes are soooooo much better than JJ)

Yeah, those damn "opinion" things spoil everything.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music