just got it have no clue how to use it anyone here ever use it?what do i need to actually make drum patterns with it?
I havn't used it, but I have a similar program (Fxpansion BFD) and understand how MIDI>Realsound programs work.
My best bet is that you need 'recording program' to put it simply, such as Sonar, Cubase, etc.
I use Sonar.
This is how to do it on Sonar, I assume most programs would be similar.
1) Make a MIDI track on Sonar (or perhaps you use guitar pro to make drums already? If so, you can import the MIDI from that)
2) Set up a (this is what Sonar calls it, don't know about other programs) DXI Synth Plugin and pick the software for the drums from the list.
The software should pop up so you can configure your kit etc.
3) Press play and the sound will come out of the program instead of a MIDI sound. You may have to fiddle about with outputs etc on the track.
4) Bus this out to an audio track, and there is your realsound track.

That was in it's simplest form. That should give the basic idea though
Quote by SlipknotFan668
I havn't used it, but I have a similar program (Fxpansion BFD) and understand how MIDI>Realsound programs work.
My best bet is that you need 'recording program' to put it simply, such as Sonar, Cubase, etc.
I use Sonar.
This is how to do it on Sonar, I assume most programs would be similar.
1) Make a MIDI track on Sonar (or perhaps you use guitar pro to make drums already? If so, you can import the MIDI from that)
2) Set up a (this is what Sonar calls it, don't know about other programs) DXI Synth Plugin and pick the software for the drums from the list.
The software should pop up so you can configure your kit etc.
3) Press play and the sound will come out of the program instead of a MIDI sound. You may have to fiddle about with outputs etc on the track.
4) Bus this out to an audio track, and there is your realsound track.

That was in it's simplest form. That should give the basic idea though

i have just started using as a vst inside of fruity loops i honestly hoped i could use it as a stand alone drum machine due to the fact that i hate fruity...next question is can you import midi drums from say guitar pro into fruity?then once you do that route it to the vst drums from hell?

when you use fruity loops alone you cant change tempo and if you want to do a beat that is a triplet in a song that is straight feel you have to turn off the step editor and bascilly do the math and make sure it times up rythmically.i would rather import from guitar pro if possible?

thank you for the quick reply

i use cool edit to record and it doesnt have a midi editor maybe i should look into cubase or sonar again but they always glitched when i got them
Last edited by sidereal9 at Aug 22, 2007,
yes, stop using fruityloops. if you want a standalone drum machine just get a good sequencer and use the DKFH samples. I put mine into a sequencer in reason, they rock pretty hard.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
it is massive and i think you are talking about drums from hell superior which is supposed to be all the bells and whistles and crap i got the one below it it is supposed to take up less and then there is ez drummer from hell which is supposed to take even lessif i get this working right i will make samples if anyone is curious about it's sound quality
i had reason once was a pain to sequence the patterns my first drum machine was the zoom lol then the alesis then fruity then tried reason,,maybe i will give reason another go also

i have noticed double posting is frowned upon so i apologize through this edit i thought someone else had posted after my other one
Last edited by sidereal9 at Aug 22, 2007,
well your best choice is waht slipknot described, everything else does suck
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
yeah i think i will try his way out i did get sonar working once before so i can at least do drums and synth in there then export to adobe audition or sequioa for guitar work
why not track in sonar? exporting is a hassle, especially seperate drum tracks. i dont know anything about sonar tho/
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
i havent used sonar in probably 4 years?not sure but i didnt really like its setup or interface but then i hadnt done much software recording i will give it another try cause i really want to try this dfh and i heard bfd that slip mentioned is really good also would like to get my hands on it and compare