i spent most of my saved up money on am deluxe jazz bass few days ago
so i have very tight budget that i can spend on amp.. Im in the highschool
jazzband and the school has nice swr stack amp so I just need one i can use
and mess around at home. B-dec 30 sounds really impressive. I myself have been
playin for a year without a teacher so I guess that would help a lot..'
But its kind of new(but still an year old) and there arent that many reviews out
there. my other option is bassman 100.. semi parametric eq and all the stuff sounds
great and has awesome reviews..
My #1 focus is the sound obviously..
But b-dec sounds like it has a lot to offer..
but i have zoom b2.1u so I guess I can just use drum machine on that
through bassman too(albeit b-dec has much more)
I cant try out b-dec cuz my store doesnt have it in stock.
If b-dec has a decent tone, then i would go with it
i heard few samples from the fender website, but im still not quite sure..
what should i do?
I'm a proud owner of
Gibson SG Standard Heritage Cherry
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Buzz Saw sig w/ EMG 81/85
Squire crap
Fender American Deluxe Jazz bass
ESP/LTD TA-600 Tom Araya sig bass
Vox AD30VT
Fender Bassman 100
Line6 POD X3
Boss ME-50
The B-Dec is strictly a learning tool of an amp. It won't be good for gigging, and frankly, it's not made for it. The Bassman is closer to a gigging amp, but since it has 1 speaker and 100W, it's more meant as a monitor than an amp. However, it has DI out and that awesome EQ (but not as good as the Bassman 150 or 250), so it can do the job.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
what is your opinion on b-dec's tone?
I am not going to use it for gigging..
I'm a proud owner of
Gibson SG Standard Heritage Cherry
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Buzz Saw sig w/ EMG 81/85
Squire crap
Fender American Deluxe Jazz bass
ESP/LTD TA-600 Tom Araya sig bass
Vox AD30VT
Fender Bassman 100
Line6 POD X3
Boss ME-50
Quote by thefitz
The B-Dec is strictly a learning tool of an amp. It won't be good for gigging, and frankly, it's not made for it. The Bassman is closer to a gigging amp, but since it has 1 speaker and 100W, it's more meant as a monitor than an amp. However, it has DI out and that awesome EQ (but not as good as the Bassman 150 or 250), so it can do the job.

yep

i got a bassman

since your only gonna play at home i would get the Bassman 100
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Quote by teh_shredmaster
what is your opinion on b-dec's tone?
I am not going to use it for gigging..

Well, it's just as good as a modeller as any other Line6 or Digitech. You're not going to fool anyone, but that's not really the intention. However, you do get a flavour of the sound and you can decide what tone you like when you eventually buy a big amp.

However, the real highlight of that amp is the lessons and loops. If you're not going to use that stuff extensively, it's not worth getting.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i personally think the ampeg Ba115 or the ender bassman 100 are beter investments tone wise and they handle maximum volume better too. also the GK 125W combo is nice and the bassman 150 is just a littlebit more money than the bdec.

personally i would stay away from the rumble because it's sound is on the basic/'noobish' side. if you just need one for practice than really any amp would work, even a behringer if you dont care about the tone so much. but if you are going for ;great tone' the rumble is probably not what you are looking for. but go plug one up and go try it for youreself because it may fit youre needs.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E