Page 1 of 2
I have decided on this, so what year did the go bankrupt? I know I need a pre-bankrupcy one, and I also want to kno what kind I should get. I will be getting a 80's one with,hopefully, emg 81/85 combo.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
They went bankrupt in 1991. Get a baretta, definetly.

The best guitar I've ever had. I-pickup, though.

And please - dont rape it with an EMG. It has a Seymour Duncan JB stock/.

EDIT: check out vintagekramer.com for all your info needs.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
I like to have more than one, cuz that does not look promising. And wat kind of sound would a JB give? Obiviously i want harimetal/classic rock.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Quote by Pinky19
Obiviously i want harimetal/classic rock.

i WOULDN'T stick an EMG in it then.....
Top lel.
well then, that just sucks. I was told that, then wat kind should I get cuz I want an AC/DC, pantera, Van Halen, kinda sound but I would also like to do some As I Lay Dying, Hasste the Day kinda stuff.

And what do you think I play? Coilsplit the sucker and it's all you need for any tones - from classic rock to metal.

Really, the baretta was first intended as an EVH sig guitar.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

so one pickup could give me awesome hairmetal tones and decent distortion for hardcore stuff? Also, a coil split is?

A coilsplit is using just one of the humbuckers coils, so it pretty much works like a single coil.

I was amazed to find I could get a strat tone out of my baretta. really, this is an example of a guitar in which one pickup is all you need.
Quote by bakk
Hi,

but would picking up a good emg to put in for metal work good? and what is a Spider Guitart?

Quote by Pinky19
well then, that just sucks. I was told that, then wat kind should I get cuz I want an AC/DC, pantera, Van Halen, kinda sound but I would also like to do some As I Lay Dying, Hasste the Day kinda stuff.

mah who told you to get an EMG for AC/DC? :|

an EMG is good for stuff like as i lay dying and maybe pantera, but definetly not AC/DC or van halen
Top lel.
Well, I do like heavy and lighter stuff. And getting twowould be kinda hard.

God no. An EMG is pure tone-rape.

A guitart is the buzzword Kramer used for the graphics their custon shop put on guitars.

You'll be lucky to find a guitart one, they tend to be rare nowadays.
Quote by bakk
Hi,

Quote by Pinky19
Well, I do like heavy and lighter stuff. And getting twowould be kinda hard.

maybe try a dimazrio?
imo, id use the kramer for stuff like van halen etc

and get something else for heavier sh*t

what kind of amp do you have? and what other guitars do you have?
Top lel.
i have a peavy predator plus, and a microcube. I AM NOT GETTING AN AMP NOW. I am going to wait and get a good one later.

where can i buy old kramers?
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
you can find it on, eBay!!!!

that peavey has a floyd trem right?
tbh, id really use that guitar for the heavy stuff, drop some new pickups in it and it'll be great!
Top lel.
i have the non trem one, cuz I was new.

Quote by Pinky19
i have the non trem one, cuz I was new.

well you could still make it a MINT guitar for heavier stuff
Top lel.
Mint?

uhh, yea. i get it.

Quote by Pinky19
so one pickup could give me awesome hairmetal tones and decent distortion for hardcore stuff? Also, a coil split is?

A seymour duncan jb can do heavier stuff no problem...
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
so a JB is an all around insane pick up?

Quote by Pinky19
so a JB is an all around insane pick up?

they're a decent pickup yes i wouldnt go as far as saying insane ill leave that for boutique pckups suck as bare knuckles etc. but they're definatly good.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
I have a post-bankrupt Kramer Pacer modeled after Tom Morellos "Arm the Homeless" guitar with EMG 85/81's. I got it for $115 and it's no gibson, but you really get a bang for your buck. It is a lot like an Ibanez sound and "playability" wise. and If you get a kramer with a floating bridge, get a locking nut! One of the only problems I have had is that it would come out of tune every 5 songs. Other than that, I really recommend this guitar!
well, what othe one should I get for a good metal tone, and leave the JB for the lighter stuff. Or should I replace the JB as well?

Quote by Pinky19
well, what othe one should I get for a good metal tone, and leave the JB for the lighter stuff. Or should I replace the JB as well?

what kind of metal are you thinking of, like band wise?
Top lel.
band wise? As I Lay dying, haste the day, err SOAD maybe, Comback Kid(isnt that metal, but has dist.)

Quote by Pinky19
band wise? As I Lay dying, haste the day, err SOAD maybe, Comback Kid(isnt that metal, but has dist.)

i'm pretty sure Daron from SOAD used seymour duncans actually, back when he used ibanez guitars anyway!

really your best bet is to go out and try some guitars with different pickups installed and see what you prefer
Top lel.
i am not experienced enough tho, that is my problem. I wouldn't know wat were in them.

well..... :/
lol

a lot of jacksons come with EMGs and so do some LTDs.
There are also a variety of LTDs which come with seymour duncans.
Top lel.
how is your peavey wolfgang? I am just curious.

EDIT: I would like to add, that you have been insanely helpful and thank you.

Last edited by Pinky19 at Aug 22, 2007,
Quote by Pinky19
how is your peavey wolfgang? I am just curious.

sadly its not an american one, but it OWNS.
and i mean OWNS.
if you want to know how it sounds, check the song ive got on my pro on this site

the neck is unfinished maple, so it feels really sort of light and fast.
its also not too thin.
the trem is a dive only one which means it can use the d-tuna
it also looks immense, quilted blue!
Top lel.
the musicians friend reviews ALL say it blows, so I was wondering due to the smilie. Als they discontinued it

Quote by Pinky19
the musicians friend reviews ALL say it blows, so I was wondering due to the smilie. Als they discontinued it

it does not blow!
lol, very far from it!
the only guitar ive tried that compared was a musicman axis
but i actually think the peavey is better

i used ebay man
picked it up for £300!
Top lel.
300 FUNNY LOOKING E THINGY in US is...

Quote by Pinky19
300 FUNNY LOOKING E THINGY in US is...

300 quid! :P
lol

emm.....thatd be....
emm....
i don't know, currency conversion and maths aren't my strong point!
Top lel.
Page 1 of 2