So, I've definitely heard Prince play some great guitar, but when I try to find music by him, its usually not what I'm looking for. Could anybody recommend some good Guitar-orientated Prince music?
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
When Doves Cry, full version.

And in that kind of music, solos aren't always brought to the full front, because those guitarists aren't dickheads and know when to be loud and when to be part of the atmosphere.
My neighbour lent me a DVD of Prince, he was playing guitar with a bassist and drummer, more blues rock orientated, it was for an independant film called The Underaker if i remember correctly, it absolutely amazing, cant find it anywhere at all. Does anyone else kno of this?
MySpace Profile
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Quote by Ticks & Leeches
My neighbour lent me a DVD of Prince, he was playing guitar with a bassist and drummer, more blues rock orientated, it was for an independant film called The Underaker if i remember correctly, it absolutely amazing, cant find it anywhere at all. Does anyone else kno of this?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0378940/
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Prince is one of the greatest guitarists of all time, imo. I'm actually listening to him right now. His music covers a wide range of styles so here's some guitar-oriented tracks for you to check out:

Controversy (Straight up chicken scratch funk)
When You Were Mine
The Holy River
I'm Yours
Endorphinmachine (Prince KILLLLS it on this track)
Shhh
Shy (Funky Acoustic Stuff)
Gold
She's Always In My Hair
Musicology (Plays his guitar like a horn section...crazy)
A Million Days
Sometimes It Snows In April (A moving, beautiful ballad)
Guitar
Bambi (Shreds it on this one)
Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?
Sexy Dancer
Let's Go Crazy
Computer Blue
Darling Nikki
Purple Rain
I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man
Fury
America

Also, if you really just wanna see Prince tear it up on guitar, check out the video of him playing While My Guitar Gently Weeps at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I hope this helps! Let me know what you think.
Quote by Bruce Got Dro
Prince is a great guitarist but it sucks that he rarely showed that on his tracks.

True. His live performances is where he really tears it up.
the cuervo gold / the fine columbian / make tonight a wonderful thing
I think he did show it on lots of his famous tracks. He's just not a show-off with it, that's all. But sadly, showing off is what many people on this site seem to like.
There is poetry in despair.
Well he was a multi-instrument type of dude so on songs where he didn't wow you with guitar he did with a synth or keyboard.
Quote by Bruce Got Dro
Well he was a multi-instrument type of dude so on songs where he didn't wow you with guitar he did with a synth or keyboard.

Was and IS.
Quote by Bruce Got Dro
I dunno man, when was the last great Prince album. Planet Earth wasn't so hot.

His albums may not be on the same level as they were in the 80s, but in a live setting he still rips it up. And I think PE is a much better direction for him to be heading in than 3121.