today i just noticed that the riff at the end of killswitch's cover of holy diver sounds very similar to the riff at the end of All that Remain's this calling. Coincedence?
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
maybe atr copied dio and kse covering dio copied atr copying dio, think about it
M8, KSE Holy Diver was before This Calling, it was recorded about 2 years ago. But I noticed it immediately too!
KSE also copied a riff from 94 hours by AILD or AILD copied them.
Schecter Damien 6
Epiphone G-400
Digitech RP200A
Vox AD30VT-XL
o i thought the they were both recorded around the same time. oh well. oh and jonakin, 94 hours came out before end of heartache, but im not sure if either band ripped each other off. actually a similar sounding riff is in panama by van halen so maybe they took the riff from that song? i prefer end of heartache over 94 hours though.
Last edited by MAKETHEMSUFFER! at Aug 22, 2007,
probably not copied, since its metalcore and the same anyway
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c

haha QFT
Quote by pmeg568c

+1.

I think that the majority of metalcore bands just get together every year and one person writes every band's songs.
Quote by tyl3risan1nj4
why does everyone hate on TDWP
they really are a good band if your a true hardcore fan
i guess people on ug are more into metalcore and punk hardcore....

lolwat
Yeah, like the rest of the band wagon, AOJB was amazing, but KSE have been mediocre ever since.
um...everyone realizes that all metalcore was take from at the gates.

that bands that have ripped off at the gates

a7x
trivium
KSE
ATR
atreyu
bfmv

now go find some real music to listen to
Quote by Spiritual_Cramp
+1.

I think that the majority of metalcore bands just get together every year and one person writes every band's songs.

hahaha that would explain everything
Thread phails

Spiritual cramp hit it right on the nose.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
This thread is made of fail and lose.

Given that there are almost four riffs in metalcore (five if you count the variation on riff #2), it's inevitable that you'll recognise some sooner or later.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
lol.
all metalcore bands share the same riff one way or another
its just maybe played backwards, faster, slower, in a different scale. but its the same thing.
and every single metal riff in history is ripping off black sabbath
Quote by Z_cup_boy
dude thats a cover haha maybe all that remains ripped off dio?

i know its a cover and as i said before the riff isn't in the original song.
whatever it is. im sure atr and kse didnt know that they had the same riff thats why they went ahead to use it
Quote by thev90
maybe atr copied dio and kse covering dio copied atr copying dio, think about it

nice
MEMBER OF THE OFFICIAL UG HATECREW
Member Of The Jackson Owners

LIVE SHOWS:
Bullet For My Valentine Feb 13th
Megadeth Feb 26th
KSE's adam D produced ATR's the fall of ideals that could be why they sound the same they are both amazing songs though

Idk it made me lol
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
yeah yall should check out neaera there a pretty BA metalcore band.
Quote by dethofmoo
haha you said shlong. that means penis. haha your hair is like a penis. penis-hair!

Quote by Vin2254
I once strummed so hard the earth cracked in two and satan rose from the firey pits of hell and marveled in my glorious strumming abilities. True story.
Do it
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Quote by killinyourkind
Does it really matter they both suck now anyhow cuz they sold out anybody agree?

no , killswitch engage always had melodic choruses, or have you not listened to there old stuff?

same with all that remains, i dont see how any of them sold out.
Quote by notoriousnumber
High five!!...

Actually no, youre an idiot.
Quote by BassNewbie
um...everyone realizes that all metalcore was take from at the gates.

that bands that have ripped off at the gates

a7x
trivium
KSE
ATR
atreyu
bfmv

now go find some real music to listen to

i like at the gates. . .

and you listed like the top bands on my listening playlist. im not a "hardcore" fan, i like the variation in metalcore, how u can go from a brutal riff to a melody line like that. . .
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner