How much improvement will biasing my amp make on the sound quality, because I have an ashdown fallen angel 60watt combo, and I have baught new Marshall EL34's, but the sound still sounds really bad =\, especially for the overdrive channel...

If the biasing will make a substantial difference, how much will it cost?

If not, what could I do?

I'm going for a death metal kinda sound, so any advice for that would be appreciated =]

Thanks
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Well Marshall brand tubes would most likely be low grade mismatched tubes with the Marshall logo plugged on them

So better tubes may help..then biasing could make a big improvement, but when you talk about pre-amp distortion you need to replace the smaller pre amp tubes to make a difference to it - unless you're talking about power amp distortion [what you get when you crank it]

Or your amp's not very good, but i've never played a fallen angel so have no idea
hmm, how much would new pre-amp valves cost?

&& how much would a re-bais cost, I'm looking for pre amp I think =]
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

What pre amp valves do yours take? 12AX7
Tung-sol 12AX7's aren't too expensive, maybe 13 quid for 4 perhaps? However ive heard that JJ pre amp tubes are great for distortion

Email Bob at eurotubes.com and ill link you to some pre-tubes
cool =]

yeah, they're 12AX7's

Will getting them make a bigger effect than getting new power amp valves && getting them re biased?
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Well biasing can change an amps vocal character so it can be useful but i think for your needs the pre amp tubes are probably more of a yes

Tung-sol 12AX7's are great, however i've heard a few things about different placings and brand of tube in different ones

The best way is to find an expert [theres many on the net] and email them
hmm, I've heard from quite a lot of people that its good =]
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

^ If you want death metal out of that you'll need an EQ at the very least, possibly a pedal, but as far as i know, the fallen angel isjust a rock amp mainly, and tube changing cant change that majorly
hmm, well a hard rock distortion would do for now anyways =]

I'm just using that until I get enough for a peavey 6506 =p
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun