I'm looking to buy a Line 6 UX2

From all the feedback I've read it's a pretty nice little piece of crap for only $200, but the one thing that makes me doubt it is the fact that many people report it being a bad choice for metal.

What do you guys think of it?

If any of you use it or know of some sound clips that are metal/hardcore please let me know
its pretty average without the added on packs but with the packs it sounds spigging awesome
or just mic up your amp
thats what i intend to do because its hard to find a decent tone for metal, check the songs in my profile theyre all done using the toneport and gearbox
Yup, I would plan on using the toneport strickly as an interface, more than as an amp simulator. If you get decent sounds out of gearbox, then fine, but don't expect great things.

As a recording interface, it sure seems nifty though. good luck
Agile AL-3100 (highly recommended)
SX SST57 strat copy
OE30 Hollowbody
SX fretless bass
Epiphone PR-200 acoustic
Yamaha G-40 classical
Epiphone Valve Junior head
1x12 custom cab
4x12 Behringer Half-stack

My Solo Stuff

My Band

Well no modelling software will sound as nice as a good mic'ed up amp. So with that in mind I would personally get the UX1 (you are just recording your guitar and maybe voice right?) and a mic with the extra cash.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by touji-za-nai
pretty good tone on this stuff. and w/o metal shop huh?

Yeah all done without metal shop. The first 3 tracks are done with the Smashing preset coming out the left and Ain't talking about love preset with all the effects turned off coming out of the right.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
i bought it HAHAHAHA ... 1 - 4 days it gets here, and 4 - 6 WEEKS after that I get my free model-pack. lame for sure