Hi there, i figured i need an upgrade from my ****ty mg30dfx, so i wanted to ask what would be a good ALL TUBE practice amp for classic rock (stones, zeppelin, cream ect.). my max amount to spend is around the £400 mark. i use an epi. explorer with a Seymour Duncan pearly gates set of pups.

Any help is much appreciated, and remember I'll just be practicing at home or jamming with a few other guitarists. cheers
Quote by False_God
Laney Vc-30 212

That'll be a pain in the ass to carry.

Laney VC30 1x12
Peavey Classic 30

My recommendations. The Laney's cleans are a bit warmer, and the OD's very sweet. The peavey has more fendery cleans and the OD's a bit more marshally IMO.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
i'm seein a pattern towards laney vc 30s, i take it these are 30 watts. would this be too loud for me?
it'd be too loud to crank at home but they still sound good at low volumes, if you want to e able to crank then maybe the vc15 would be better, but it's still damn loud.
Quote by LSD23
i'm seein a pattern towards laney vc 30s, i take it these are 30 watts. would this be too loud for me?

Yes, 30 watts tube is pretty loud.

I like both the VC30 and Classic 30, but I'd lean a little more towards the VC30 I guess since I used to own one and am a little biased
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Just look 'em up yourself on GAK's website, but keep in mind you can get them cheaper used (check eBay for that). Good luck!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite