ok, so i actually got the bass like this a short while ago.... i then played a gig like a week later and quit a few people were pointing this out to me saying its was dangerious and that the strings could snap easily

heres a picture of what im talking about , there sorta streched at the end and the string is uncoiling

just wondering, is that actually bad?
no, thast the design of some of the strings, its not uncoiling... unless it was coiled when you first got it... then thats really weird.

fender strings look like that also. nothing to worry about
haha, thanks a million dude, ...... good job, i was worrying the whole F**king gig lol i actually think it looks cool, il have to have a look for thise strings , cheers
When I bought my RockBass, the stock strings were the same. Don't worry, all strings are like that - just some are covered by various coloured threads. Most, actually. But it makes no perceivable difference.

What model RockBass is that by the way? Oh, and join the Warwick / Rockbass group over in the communities area. We're a bit thin on the ground
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Aug 22, 2007,
Just noticed! Woops.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.