Page 1 of 2
Well, I'm Bulimic.
Wow that is a weight off my back.

Okay, here is my story. I used to weigh about 210 lbs and I loathed the mere sight of myself, so I took drastic measures to change my appearance.
My weight dropped down to about 120 lbs in a few months. Bad, I know.

Soon after, I stopped. Up until about 6 months ago. I gained weight again, went up to about 175. A few weeks ago I stopped smoking ( ) but at around the same time the urges and self loathing came back and so I returned to the darkside..
This week I have dropped 11 lbs and I am physically exhausted.

I would love to kick this problems ass for good.
Anyone help?

Please, no Icyhot. It won't help me.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Eat healthy food and workout instead of puking your guts out.

My cousin almost died from it so STOP DAMN YOU!!

Fender Strat
Alexi Laiho ESP

Quote by Doolittle
one time i masturbated into a pumpkins. needless to say
PWNED

Follower of the UG Faith, PM me to join!
Bulimia is pretty bad. If you can't stop on your own definitely get some counseling or go to someone that can help you.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
...eat some IcyHot ?

eat bran for breakfast
whole wheat bread for lunch
and spaghetti for supper
and work out with weights
you'll be ripped
like me (:
I had a problem with binge eating last year. Start exercising properly. Ride a bike a few miles. It's a safer way to lose weight and you feel a lot better afterward.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
start running. cross country or track, doesn't matter. you can eat whatever the hell you want and you'll still be scrawny.
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
Thanks, everyone. I'm a boy so I was wondering if this sort of thing is uncommon?
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
PROFFESIONAL HELP. If you really have bulimia there's no way you can get over it by yourself. Really. Seriously.
Member of the Invisible Children club
Learn More
Member of the "I love METRIC" fan club. PM if Metric loves you.
Quote by rickyy
Thanks, everyone. I'm a boy so I was wondering if this sort of thing is uncommon?

Not as uncommon as people think. A lot of guys have eating disorders and won't admit it because it's such a traditionally "female" thing, they don't want to seem feminine.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Talk with your friends... They should be able to help you through it... unless they're a bunch of douches...
Quote by Rhoads_is_a_god
Talk with your friends... They should be able to help you through it... unless they're a bunch of douches...

They are douches. Huge, sweaty ones.
I'd stay out of the pit if I were you.

/b/ would be more than willing to help you.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by SGK531
PROFFESIONAL HELP. If you really have bulimia there's no way you can get over it by yourself. Really. Seriously.

FUCK YOU
dont listen to this guy. counselleing only wastes your or your parents money on something that only works for very few people.

never give in to counsellers, listen to whats in your heart, thats better than anything that any other person can say.
the same thing kinda happened to me i weighed 176 and was really bummed about it so i lost 31 pounds in just a couple of months by excercising and eating... a lot less food then i should have. i got to skinny for my body but im at a healthy weight now, so just watch you dont lose to much weight.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
Quote by original=punk
FUCK YOU
dont listen to this guy. counselleing only wastes your or your parents money on something that only works for very few people.

never give in to counsellers, listen to whats in your heart, thats better than anything that any other person can say.

Touchy aren't we.
T/S If you think therapy might help you go for it. But in the words of Bob Newhart "Just stop it"
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by original=punk
FUCK YOU

Obviously, seeking the help of someone is just a horrible idea...
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
Obviously, seeking the help of someone is just a horrible idea...

no, seeking the help of osmeone who only helps people for money is the wrong thing to do.

if they really wanted to help people, they wouldn't charge a thing.
I'm a very private person so going to someone for help is out of the question
Quote by original=punk
FUCK YOU

"left untreated, bulimia nervosa can last for years, sometimes improving temporarily but then returning...treatment, however, produces immediate, significant improvement in approximately 40%...return to eating normally and maintaining a healthy weight. another 40% show moderate response...at least a decrease in bingeing and purging...follow up studies show that even 10 years after treatment, 89% of persons have recovered fully (70%) or partially (19%)...replapses are often triggered by stress, and even with treatment close to 1/3 of persons relapse within 2 years."

That's from a Psychology textbook. So I'm pretty sure they know more about this than you. Bulimia isn't just some bad habit that it just takes effort to get over, it's a real problem. It's not just about eating or weight, it's about stress and pressure and underlying things that manifest throught an eating disorder.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, TS.
Learn More
just eat healthy foods and eat when its neccessary. and exercise an hour a day. youll be fine.
Quote by original=punk
no, seeking the help of osmeone who only helps people for money is the wrong thing to do.

if they really wanted to help people, they wouldn't charge a thing.

Because living in a box, under a bridge after going to college is the right thing to do. Well, in that case, all doctors shouldn't be paid. Musicians and artists also help people, they shouldn't be paid either. We'd end up with politicians being the only people with me, because God knows they don't help people.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
Because living in a box, under a bridge after going to college is the right thing to do. Well, in that case, all doctors shouldn't be paid. Musicians and artists also help people, they shouldn't be paid either. We'd end up with politicians being the only people with me, because God knows they don't help people.

look, i gave my advice, what have you done for him/ nothign, you're arguing me, the guy has a problem he wants to ocnfront, and we're fu.cking fighting about this.

i don't trust counsellors, and he should be able to overcome this himself. if he can't, then the last thing he should do is seek professional help.

try to refrain from bingeing, TS, if you binge, you'll want to purge, and thats not good, eat just the right amount, no more, no less.

when you start to get full, stop.
Yeah, you'd think it would just be that easy as saying ''Stop eating'' It's not. I love to eat. mmm food

I will give it a try again, though.
Quote by original=punk
look, i gave my advice, what have you done for him/ nothign, you're arguing me, the guy has a problem he wants to ocnfront, and we're fu.cking fighting about this.

i don't trust counsellors, and he should be able to overcome this himself. if he can't, then the last thing he should do is seek professional help.

try to refrain from bingeing, TS, if you binge, you'll want to purge, and thats not good, eat just the right amount, no more, no less.

You started the argument when you said "FUCK YOU", and it's not nearly that easy.

TS; I know what you mean about being a private person, but your chances of getting past it are much better if you have some sort of support. There are alot of internet communities, just like UG, for people who are trying to get past an eating disorder that are completely anonymous. So even if counseling isn't your thing, and your friends are idiots, there are people who care that you can talk to. Oh, and it's free.
Learn More
Quote by SGK531
You started the argument when you said "FUCK YOU", and it's not nearly that easy.

TS; I know what you mean about being a private person, but your chances of getting past it are much better if you have some sort of support. There are alot of internet communities, just like UG, for people who are trying to get past an eating disorder that are completely anonymous. So even if counseling isn't your thing, and your friends are idiots, there are people who care that you can talk to. Oh, and it's free.

Thank you.

I also love your Sonic Youth avatar

my Sonic Youth shirt is my favourite I wear it everyday.
Quote by original=punk

The problem is bulimia is usually accompanied with anorexia as well. The person usually starves themselves, binges, then feels extreme guilt and purges. It is not as simple as "just eat until you're full". If it was bulimia wouldn't be a disease. Tell someone who is suffering from alcoholism to just quit drinking. They cannot, and if they did, it could lead to serious health problems.

OP, you should do some research on good habits to help keep you on a steady system of eating and working out. Like someone else said, there are communities where people who are suffering and have overcome the same things you're fighting can help you no charge. Also, it may help to think of other, morbidly obese people who are not suffering from "a bad figure" but something much more life threatening. It might humble your opinions on yourself a bit.

Edit: and another thing that might help, is to go out and interact with people as often as possible. It could be a real self image boost to be around people who accept you for your personality not your looks.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
I'm pretty anti social these days.

I'm cool with it
Quote by i have to pee
The problem is bulimia is usually accompanied with anorexia as well. The person usually starves themselves, binges, then feels extreme guilt and purges. It is not as simple as "just eat until you're full". If it was bulimia wouldn't be a disease. Tell someone who is suffering from alcoholism to just quit drinking. They cannot, and if they did, it could lead to serious health problems.

OP, you should do some research on good habits to help keep you on a steady system of eating and working out. Like someone else said, there are communities where people who are suffering and have overcome the same things you're fighting can help you no charge. Also, it may help to think of other, morbidly obese people who are not suffering from "a bad figure" but something much more life threatening. It might humble your opinions on yourself a bit.

Edit: and another thing that might help, is to go out and interact with people as often as possible. It could be a real self image boost to be around people who accept you for your personality not your looks.

no, you see, diseases happen unintentionally, TS became bullimic by choice, as do people become alcoholics by choice and drug addicts by choice and so on.

calling anorexia and bullimia a disease is an insult to the human body.
Bulimia is caused by psychological issues. If you really want to get rid of it, find someone you can talk to about it with. You shouldn't deal with this alone, there are people who can help you understand why you do it, and help you control yourself. People might think a counsellor is a stupid idea, but really, it's always better to find someone to talk to.

EDIT:

the only reason i'm not saying, "oh research and figure it out on your own!" .. is because if it was really as easy as, "I'm just going to STOP having an eating disorder" .... Then so many people wouldn't have them. All in all, just do what you think is right, but.. honestly I'd really recommend a counsellor. I mean, it's their job to listen to you.. And also, it's like an alcoholic trying to quit.. you can either choose to do it alone, or do it with help, whichever you decide can decipher the outcome of your problem.

Also.

It's really bothering me how people are like, "oh just think about someone who is fat, and realize that you're not!" .. er. People who have these disorders think that they're that fat. That's why they stop eating, or throw up. And, if you're fat you can have an eating disorder too... In fact, people who are fat have more troubles, because they eat to feel better.
Last edited by _testament_ at Aug 22, 2007,
Quote by rickyy
I'm pretty anti social these days.

I'm cool with it

Dude I am one of the most "Anti-Social" people you would ever care to meet.
You have an issue. Deal with it. You can make all the excuses you want but when the day is over you still have an issue. You know you have an issue and that is always the first step in solving any problem. If you don't know there is a problem it's hard to fix. You know you do. Fix it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by original=punk
no, you see, diseases happen unintentionally, TS became bullimic by choice, as do people become alcoholics by choice and drug addicts by choice and so on.

calling anorexia and bullimia a disease is an insult to the human body.

It's obvious you don't know anything about eating disorders. Ask some girl in the hospital with a tube rammed down her throat who weighs 80 pounds suffering from mass organ failure if she chose an eating disorder. Ask someone who self-mutilates that if they could stop tomorrow, would they?
Learn More
Quote by SGK531
It's obvious you don't know anything about eating disorders. Ask some girl in the hospital with a tube rammed down her throat who weighs 80 pounds suffering from mass organ failure if she chose an eating disorder. Ask someone who self-mutilates that if they could stop tomorrow, would they?

ex-cutter here. *raises hand*

many friends who used ot cut.

a couple friends who were anorexic.

all of us got over it....how?

yes, thats right, on our own with only the help of our friends.

hmmm. wow. amazing, aint it?
Quote by rickyy
Well, I'm Bulimic.
Wow that is a weight off my back.

I'm sorry. It was just the way you said it. I'm going to hell.

On a serious note, hope you can stick to a diet and regular exercise. Remember women don't care as much about weight on a guy and lift weights etc instead.
Quote by tyronelab
I'm sorry. It was just the way you said it. I'm going to hell.

On a serious note, hope you can stick to a diet and regular exercise. Remember women don't care as much about weight on a guy and lift weights etc instead.

Haha yeah, what I said WAS funny

yeah my girlfriend loved me when I was 200 lbs and she loved me when I was 120. She insists that I am a beautiful boy, but I just cant seem to get over it
Quote by rickyy

yeah my girlfriend loved me when I was 200 lbs and she loved me when I was 120. She insists that I am a beautiful boy, but I just cant seem to get over it

yeah, just in all of it, try to stay positive, look to your girlfriend for support, she sounds like a great person to help you in getting over this, best of luck
Quote by rickyy

I'm sorry, wasn't you or your problem but it just seemed ironic how you phrased it as being a weight off your back. A little light humour can be helpful I guess.

Quote by original=punk
ex-cutter here. *raises hand*

many friends who used ot cut.

a couple friends who were anorexic.

all of us got over it....how?

yes, thats right, on our own with only the help of our friends.

hmmm. wow. amazing, aint it?

Awesome, great for you. I'm not being sarcastic, it's great that you and your friends had the pure willpower to get past problems like that, and you were all there for each other. but not everyone can go it alone, as the TS claims he might have to. I'm not implying that TS is "weak" or anything, but I know what it's like to have a problem like a eating disorder, and I couldn't help myself until I started talking to my friends and a professional about it. We're both talking from personal experience, but years of research shows that you need some sort of support base to get well and stay well. You had friends, I had a combination of both. Just doing it alone is near impossible.
Learn More
Quote by SGK531
Awesome, great for you. I'm not being sarcastic, it's great that you and your friends had the pure willpower to get past problems like that, and you were all there for each other. but not everyone can go it alone, as the TS claims he might have to. I'm not implying that TS is "weak" or anything, but I know what it's like to have a problem like a eating disorder, and I couldn't help myself until I started talking to my friends and a professional about it. We're both talking from personal experience, but years of research shows that you need some sort of support base to get well and stay well. You had friends, I had a combination of both. Just doing it alone is near impossible.

thanks man, but its the truth, i wouldnt trust counseller with anything, but thats me, i personally think that with the right amount of support, friends, or even people on an internet forum, can get you through the hardest times, more than a guy you're paying ever could.
Quote by original=punk
thanks man, but its the truth, i wouldnt trust counseller with anything, but thats me, i personally think that with the right amount of support, friends, or even people on an internet forum, can get you through the hardest times, more than a guy you're paying ever could.

That really depends on the counsellor, and how big your problems are. I'm just bitter, but friends aren't around forever, they screw you over, they lie, they cheat etc. Why would I want to share something so important and personal with someone who in the end, really doesn't give a damn. We're all talking from different experiences. I guess my point is, TS will find what is right for him.
Quote by _testament_
That really depends on the counsellor, and how big your problems are. I'm just bitter, but friends aren't around forever, they screw you over, they lie, they cheat etc. Why would I want to share something so important and personal with someone who in the end, really doesn't give a damn. We're all talking from different experiences. I guess my point is, TS will find what is right for him.

different experiences lead to different opinions.

and you have the smexiest avvie ever.

does anyone else think kevin smith looks like vinnie paul?
Page 1 of 2