Ok so I have my Godin freeway classic hooked up right to my Vox AD120VT modeling amp. Sometimes, when It get's to higher volumes, it starts to get noisy and even starts to clip!!

The amp WAS made in 2001, and I did get it used. Seems in good condition(very good actually) but It might have been used a lot since I DID get it half price from the store. So anyways, I was wondering what you think the poblem could be! If it has tubes(which I think it does because it takes a while to warm up before you can hear anything), would they need to be replaced? How much would that cost? Any other reasons im getting noise?

Now when I mean noise I mean noise I mean at low volumes you can't hear it much. When it goes up, you hear this wind-like noisy while your playing. Then, worst of all, when It gets too too loud or too much bass, it sounds like the speaker is completely %&*$ed and it gives me this REALLY loud noise and lots of clipping.

Please help, I need to know if I should keep this amp, or get my money back. I don't know what to do!
How do I make my text bold?
-I play the banjo just like Stewie
Dude.

You can get *way* better in that price range. What music do you play?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
yea but I got it for $599. Unless there's something better for that price? I play metal(Ozzy, Mettalica) some clean stuff and blues(SRV, Jimi)
Peavey Classic 30 or Crate Palomino V32?
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
But I want effects
Start buying individual pedals then .
Quote by utsapp89
Ok, well I'll try them out. I already know the Classic 30 ROCKS, never tried the crate though. I'll see what happens. Maybe a peavey Valveking or something