I was thinking about getting the epi lp standard plus top for 500 dollars. but then i heard you guys talking about these agiles for cheaper so now im thinking about getting this. which is better?Are there any other agiles that are better deals then this. I saw the white ones that are better but i dont want white. is there anything?
this is the agile that i might get.

http://www.rondomusic.net/al3000wineredspalted.html

or this

http://www.rondomusic.net/product1174.html
the fact that it says we recomend strings for this guitar makes me say don't buy from that place
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
I think its amazing that they can offer a guitar with these specs at those prices. Absolutely beautiful. I'd find out how thick that maple top is though. Some companies advertise carved maple tops but its just a veneer. Call them. If its a real top I would be very tempted.
I've heard great things about Agiles.
Guitar: G&L Tribute S-500
Amp: Fender Blues Deluxe
Pedals: Zvex Box of Rock
I think you should spend an extra $50 and get the 3000M (if you stick with Agile)- you get a much bigger maple cap. If you plan on upgrading the pickups to Duncans anyway, then you might want to look at the 4000s, because 2 Duncan HBs is more than $100 anyway.

I can't really compare the two guitars though. I haven't really like most of the Epiphones I've played though, however, I'm more a strat guy anyway.

^^uldhippi- up to the 3000M series (3000 and below) they have a 1/16" maple cap, then the 3000M and 4000 have a 3/4" cap. Here are all the specs:
Agile AL Spec Comparison
Last edited by gibsonpenguin at Aug 22, 2007,
ya the ones that i showed the link to were the 3000's how much are the 4000's because i was thinking of buying the seymour duncan hot rodded set with my guitar. also do the agiles sounds like the traditional les paul cause i love the les paul warm tone
The 4000s are $550. I was talking about the 3000Ms, there's a difference between the 3000 and the 3000M. 3000Ms are $450 and 3000s are $300.
on there website it said the 4000's were 700 dollars. the ones with the duncans. but do that agile les paul models sound like a traditional les paul.So overall should i get the agile over the epiphone

thanks
Quote by gibsonpenguin
I think you should spend an extra $50 and get the 3000M (if you stick with Agile)- you get a much bigger maple cap. If you plan on upgrading the pickups to Duncans anyway, then you might want to look at the 4000s, because 2 Duncan HBs is more than $100 anyway.

I can't really compare the two guitars though. I haven't really like most of the Epiphones I've played though, however, I'm more a strat guy anyway.

^^uldhippi- up to the 3000M series (3000 and below) they have a 1/16" maple cap, then the 3000M and 4000 have a 3/4" cap. Here are all the specs:
Agile AL Spec Comparison

Thanks a lot gp. I am seriously shopping for a carved top LP type guitar. I always take my time (about a year) before I buy. I bookmarked the link.
^^I don't own an Agile, and don't know much about Epis, but based on the little I do know, the comparable Agile generally has better specs than the Epi. (Meaning two in the same price range).

I think that unless you really want the Duncans in the 4000, then it'd probably be better to get the 3000M and keep the stock pups or upgrade to ones that you can pick out yourself. I think aside from the Duncans the only difference is that the 4000 has a 3/4" flamed maple cap and the 3000M has a 3/4" cap with a 1/16" flame piece on top- not really sure how that would affect the sound.

I also think that I would get the 3000M over the standard 3000- it's not much more and the maple cap is much bigger.

I don't think I've heard a very bad review about an Agile from the 3000+ series. I've also heard great things about the customer service there, as far as I know, they have a 30 day no-questions-asked return policy (unless you smash it or something).

EDIT: I don't really sound like I don't own a Les Paul and am GASing over a strat really badly...

And 3000Ms:
Black
Tobacco Burst
Honey Sunburst (plain top)
2-tone Sunburst (plain top)
Cherry Sunburst (slim neck) [Probably what I would get]
Honey Sunburst
Cherry Sunburst (with EMGs)

And I must have misread something before, it appears that the 4000s are $700.
Last edited by gibsonpenguin at Aug 22, 2007,
do you have a link for the 3000 m's cause i could only find the regulat 3000's then it jsut went to the 3100 series then the 4000's
thanks alot i think im going to get that tabacco colored one. and do these guitars sound like a traditional les paul? nobodys answered that yet
ok ill just wait for somebody else to answer. also if anyone has one do these guitars have a nice shiny finish to them like the epi or the gibson studios. cant tell by the pictures
Quote by bWsWwrestler
ok ill just wait for somebody else to answer. also if anyone has one do these guitars have a nice shiny finish to them like the epi or the gibson studios. cant tell by the pictures

You can see the light shining on the red one.. and you can see reflections from the hardware on the body.. I'd say it's shiny..
ok so that probably means that all of them are going to be like that. still waiting for someone who has one or played one to tell me if it sounds like a les paul.

and are the agiles better quality then the epi's like will they last longer altogether. right now im pretty much set on buying this over the epis.

sorry for all the questions. im one of those people who like to be completely convinced and take forever to buy something but thanks for helping
Last edited by bWsWwrestler at Aug 23, 2007,
My AL4000 gets a nice warm and thick classic tone in the lower and mid end and has a nice sing to it in the higher register. Its going to sound closer to the real thing than a korean epi.

As long as you give the guitar proper upkeep it should last quite awhile unless you run into a freak problem. I have an AL-2800 thats been through two owners before me over a few years and has a couple small dings and a finish crack on the neck binding. It still plays pefectly fine and the problems haven't grown, so I guess its a tough instrument.
^Just out of curiosity, why'd you pick the 4000? It seems a lot more expensive for not that better specs than the 3000... Not saying that it was a bad buy or anything, just wondering.
I got a great deal on it as a B-stock although I couldn't find a single thing wrong with it (it was the older $600 model with a hard case all for $280 shipped). Best deal I've ever scored on

The only two things I don't like about it is how the nickel pickup covers tarnish like all get out and that the thing weighs somewhere in the 13-14lb range or more. Thats the one thing I've heard to be inconsistent on Agiles mostly is the weight. Ive heard people claim anywhere from 9 lbs to 12 lbs on the AL-3000.
Rondo sells returned guitars as B-stocks from their site every once and awhile. The damage, if any is usually overplayed unless it is stated as a bad crack or something. If it says light scratching its probably a return from someone who didn't like the guitar and is probably close to flawless. Thats also how I got my ST-1000 for almost $100 off, only thing wrong with it was a small piece missing from the plastic plate on the back of the trem cavity.

Whether or not one will get this lucky with "used" or "damaged" guitars is another question.
also whats the difference between the 3000m and the 3100 cause the 3100 is not on those specs
3100 is the same as a 3000 standard except it has mother of pearl fretboard inlays instead of abalone inlays. Its all aesthetic only since a lot of people prefer the classic MOP look with certain finishes.

Models that are a 3000M or 3100M are supposed to have 2 piece maple caps, and depending on the finish, in the case of flame tops, will have a 1/16" bookmatched veneer on top of the cap.

So technically AL3000M/3100M > AL3000/3100

Other than the cap though the specs put it as having the same hardware/electronics/pickups.