Hello,
I just want a some quick information on some amps. All I had is a 10W amp. How much watts do I need? For like on a stage. Do I need a head. I use effect pedals. What are some good brands and ones I need to stay away from. I am looking for serious answers. Thank you.

-Andrew
you dont know what youre talking about first off.

is your amp solid state or tube?
what kinds of music do you play?
how big are the venues going to be?
outdoor or inside?

pedals shouldnt make a difference they just change tones.

and youd only need a head if you were running it thru a PA or had a stack.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Well man I myself have not been playing bass too long yet, but I first bought a little 15 W amp to play around with. I later bought a 180 W amp and play regularly with a drummer... no gigs yet, but i can hear my bass over the drums with volume only a little more than halfway up.
As for effects, i have no idea. Don't own any, but I plan on getting a wah or something to mess around with in the future.
it all depends on the size of place you're going to be playing at but usually 100-200 watts should be good because places you gig will tend to have PA systems for you to direct line into.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I don't know what solid state or tube is.
I play all types. I am in a jazz band.
We play indoor. Maybe outdoor...

My amp:
Drive CD 100B Bass Combo
look for ashdown blue line amps. good price good tone just look at www.musiciansfriend.com and other online sites to get price comparisons. even if you don't order online you'll know waht the price should be when you order from a store.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
they tend to be fine, if you have problems with MF then call them and they will fix it. Their shipping process may be slow right now as they just moved to a new warehouse and everything was delayed about two weeks last time I checked (a couple weeks ago). Better yet, find prices on MF then have local music stores match it, then you get it right away. (of course you have to pay sales tax
Thank you, you guys...
Now, is there any information I need to know about amps because to amps I am a noobie.

Sry for the delay.
I don't get on much when I have school.