How can you tell if you're depressed of just kinda feeling down?

I ask this because lately I've been stressed out about alot of things that just don't seem to be going right in my life and I think it's really starting to get to me. It's like I don't find the joy in everyday life anymore, Even now as i sit here playing guitar, I'm not enjoying it, it's just something to pass the time...
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

I don't know, I can't tell if I'm depressed or really tired.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
yeah you got depression. ive been suffering from it for a long ass time. Just dont try ot be happy, try to make peace with your surroundings. Just take everything as it is. Youll snap out of it. what you need is someone you can confide in.
Clinical depression is completely different from just "feeling down." If you really think you have something (and have been feeling it for a while), I suggest you consult a professional.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I used to feel that exact same way a couple years ago. Now I don't. I don't know what changed, but I feel better now. I didn't feel sad, I just didn't feel happy either. It sucked. But I don't really know why I feel different now. It might just be a phase.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
If you think you're depressed, you're depressed, because in my experience people like to pity themselves.

However, being bored doesn't make you depressed. Get out and do something with your time. Go see a movie, ride the bus to a part of town you never visit and get some food there, call up some friends and get drunk, whatever you want to do. Doing the same **** every day is what the old folks are advising you against, and they're right in that. If you do the same stuff day after day everything will run together and you'll wonder where the hell your teenage years went.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
you got dem blues.
Gear
95' Fender Strat w/ Texas Specials
Crate 212xr
Fuzz Face
Crybaby
among other things
Quote by crazygluedmybut

BUT WHERE IS THAT PERSON?!?!?!!??! ALL JOKING ASIDE, THAT JUST MADE ME MORE DEPRESSED>dfsa
gfsdgdsgfdsgfsdgfsdgfsdgfdgsdggfdgsdfgf gdfdgffggf
fgsd
gf
g
lgh
ghkjgfhgfkj AHGJKFhH
AHGHfl

i suggest keyboard rampages and committing crimes for stimulation
play minor stuff make it come from your feelings or blues it helps sometimes and get into some diffrent music and learn something new completely diffrent band from what your sue to and then go back to the stuff ya like
I just tell myself I refuse to become depressed. And it works. I'm a happy-go-lucky enough guy.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Quote by metalcameron89
play minor stuff make it come from your feelings or blues it helps sometimes and get into some diffrent music and learn something new completely diffrent band from what your sue to and then go back to the stuff ya like

I've actually been playing alot of blues lately, right now i'm working on "The Sky is Crying" by SRV, and it's actually raining outside... I'm gonna play some happy stuff cause this is making it worse
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

well, there's clinical depression, which is an actual problem where your body doesn't produce enough of the chemicals that make you happy, which is when they put people on anti-depressants.

But you might just be down from the before mentioned stuff going on. If that's the case I'd say get out and do more stuff, and I find playing how you feel can help a lot. and after a while of playing sad stuff you might start playing happier type music.... I've done that several times. also helps to listen to music.
try to hold more positive thoughts. that usually gets me out of depressive states.
myspace.com/firelence
Quote by Muphin
If you think you're depressed, you're depressed, because in my experience people like to pity themselves.

However, being bored doesn't make you depressed. Get out and do something with your time. Go see a movie, ride the bus to a part of town you never visit and get some food there, call up some friends and get drunk, whatever you want to do. Doing the same **** every day is what the old folks are advising you against, and they're right in that. If you do the same stuff day after day everything will run together and you'll wonder where the hell your teenage years went.

Muphin for the win.

Seriously. Get out of the house. Go downtown with some friends. Go see a movie. Try something new. As of late, I've been feeling real down as well. School starting, ex-friends being immature assholes. It's just stress that builds up.

Go be with friends or family or pets that make you happy. Go to a concert.

But here's the number one thing:

Get out of the Pit!!!
Spiral Out
I think you might just be suffering from mild depression. I sufferd mild depression and I was never happy even when I hung out with friends. I think it's just a phase a lot of teenagers go through because of the stress that school puts on you. You should at least do things that do fuel your depression like seeing a movie. Good luck.
I spent my birthday in the beach alone. I just sat there and stared =]

I was depressed.
peanuts and beers