Page 1 of 12
.::BigAl::.
603 IQ
Has anybody heard any news about these guys? has anybody ever heard of them? wll if u have heard of catch 22 these guys are better than them. not putting them down but please tell anything if u know something
I_Pwn
is gonna find you
2,803 IQ
I've never heard of these guys....

*cough* new album coming out soon *cough*
brnh.bandcamp.com
caught22
"slamjam"
496 IQ
^^^ yea right ^^^

my favoriite band. check out Bandits too.
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
RCT2head
Supernothing
2,534 IQ
you're in a punk/ska thread... of course none of us would have ever heard em

besides the generic victory label release schedule that they don't stick to, no news... no tour dates either...
when they come for me, i'll be sitting at my desk, with a gun in my hand, wearin a bullet-proof vest, singin: "my my my how the time does fly, when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night"
DisgruntledDuck
Crime Solving Plumber.
178 IQ
Lol Streetlight Who?

Gosh that was too easy. They were like the in-band last year. They're still better than most of the ska acts around these days I'd say. No news from the Duck to contribute to the thread though.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
kryptonite22
2,832 IQ
I've had 'Everything Goes (Went?) Numb' for a while now but never given it a real listen. I just keep forgetting about it tbh.
Sid McCall
(Actually, I'm Scott)
2,713 IQ
everyone is going crazy about their new album, affectionately dubbed 'the chinese democracy of ska'
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
RCT2head
Supernothing
2,534 IQ
update (from www.streetlightmanifesto.com):

So, a few tidbits from SM H.Q.:

1) Streetlight is going out this summer for a 2 month north american tour with reel big fish and less than jake. Dates will be posted soon. after that they'll be headlining again.

2) Yes, the new record will most definately be finished by then and they will be playing new material as well as old material. Finally!

3) Dear europe: Yes, SM will be seeing you (and more of you than the last two times ;-) sometime after the summer tour and the record's release. It's been too long, we know. zut alors!

4) We need some help coding the new site. If you are very proficient with CSS, dhtml, clean code, some flash and blog customizing, please contact jarekotar@gmail.com with some samples of your work. In return, we will bury you in merch, cds, free tickets and whatever else we can think of.
when they come for me, i'll be sitting at my desk, with a gun in my hand, wearin a bullet-proof vest, singin: "my my my how the time does fly, when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night"
Last edited by RCT2head at Mar 16, 2007,
DisgruntledDuck
Crime Solving Plumber.
178 IQ
Quote by RCT2head
update (from www.streetlightmanifesto.com):

So, a few tidbits from SM H.Q.:

1) Streetlight is going out this summer for a 2 month north american tour with reel big fish and less than jake. Dates will be posted soon. after that they'll be headlining again.

Oh god ****ing damn it I'd love to see RBF and Streetlight in the same show.
Quote by BlackLuster

Quote by Jaimz

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
the glue man
beep
649 IQ
Quote by DisgruntledDuck
Oh god ****ing damn it I'd love to see RBF and Streetlight in the same show.

I saw them both last November

I love rubbing stupid things in peoples' faces over the internet.
RCT2head
Supernothing
2,534 IQ
and ltj... i hope to god they all decide to do a song or 2 together
DisgruntledDuck
Crime Solving Plumber.
178 IQ
^^ They aren't really (although this doesn't make them bad by default. I know you didn't say that, but I felt the point needed to be made), but they tend to play stuff as early as Pezcore live (although most of their set is losing streak onwards) so I reckon they'd be cool to see again. They put on a good show fo sho.

Thanks, Glue Man =P
Quote by BlackLuster

Quote by Jaimz

Patches McGee
UG Fanatic
42 IQ
Yay new album soon!!!
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
RCT2head
Supernothing
2,534 IQ
i wanna start a ska band, but there's like nobody interested in it around here... streetlight put on a secret show, and in a month's worth of promotion short of radio coverage, there were maybe about 40 ppl who stayed til they finally got onstage... kinda sad, really, when you're living in a beach town... you'd think...
hardrock1315
Thought @ Work
3,512 IQ
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
I'm starting a ska band because I wanna be them

Haha, that's what most of my band is like. Then we started branching off into more arty type stuff, and I kinda like it that way. I REALLY need to get my punk band going though.
DisgruntledDuck
Crime Solving Plumber.
178 IQ
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
Punk is SOO much fun to play and has so much raw energy, but I think ska is what I'm destined to play ^.^

The sound I'm going for is like... kindof abandoning the whole punk/ska fusion thing. I'm taking third-wave and removing the distortion and power chords to return to a more traditionalist sound that focuses more on melody, like the Specials and the Selecter.

Maybe you could say... 2-tone, except with horns instead of organs?

Anyway, that's my vision. I gave up on punk rock after realizing how elitist and stale the scene in general has become, not to mention the pointlessness of political songwriting (which I could never do very well anyway). Given the opportunity, I'd join another punk band, though. But only if somebody else was writing songs and making the decisions.

EDIT: by the way, when are you guys gonna post more songs, hardrock?

Good luck mate, sounds like something I'd really be into listening. D'ya mean kinda like The Slackers, Hepcat etc ?
Quote by BlackLuster

Quote by Jaimz

Joe/synergy
Police On My back!
211 IQ
i saw Streetlight a while ago, their horn section is awesome
Ardes
33 IQ
Thoughts? Anyone? I've quite literally just heard of them. I listened to the one song of theirs, A Moment of Silence. I have to say, it was pretty good.
Tedrick
UG Freak
942 IQ
Buy both of their albums, one of my favorite ska bands. Listen to "Better PLace, Better Time" great song, I also love Keasbey Nights
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
molly bee
blah blah blah blah
98 IQ
I like them...but use the search button. There are numerous threads about them.

edit: Just did a search myself and found over six not including this one...maybe there should be a "the ONLY streetlight manifesto thread" or something.
Last edited by molly bee at May 13, 2007,
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!
2,960 IQ
Quote by Tedrick
I also love Keasbey Nights

i never saw the point of that album.

i mean, it isnt that much different than the Catch-22 version, and i dont think its even as good as the original.

still, it sounds good. i love Everything Goes Numb as well. great album. i hope they come out with a new one soon.
Ska Wars
Call Marcus!
1,118 IQ
Quote by daytripper75
i never saw the point of that album.

i mean, it isnt that much different than the Catch-22 version, and i dont think its even as good as the original.

still, it sounds good. i love Everything Goes Numb as well. great album. i hope they come out with a new one soon.

did you not listen to the end of "1234, 1234"? he explains why they re-recorded.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
freakonaleash92
Banned
284 IQ
the end of 1234 1234 kinda creeps me out. we are the few is a great song, listening to streetlight now
guitarbum
463 IQ
I like streetlight but i like catch 22 better for some reason even though theres little difference
hardrock1315
Thought @ Work
3,512 IQ
The rest of my ska band basically idolizes them. I like them, but I get tired of them somewhat easily.
Ska Wars
Call Marcus!
1,118 IQ
the second singer catch 22 had (on the cd "alone in the crowd") was awesome IMO. he sang so fast at times (listen to the song "bloomfield ave.") and i think his voice even kinda sounded like tomas's voice. but the newest singer sucks, though.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
ayestrey
249 IQ
i got keasbey nights street light and well it ruled im still waiting for everything went numb

new catch 22 SUCK
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Shitlight Manifesto.

What a bunch of nerds. And I'm not talking about cool nerds, I'm talking about the type that make me feel embarrased to be human.
MX4Life
UG's Motocross Enthusiast
471 IQ
^wtf?

I think they have immense amounts of talent, all of them. Great band.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Quote by MX4Life
^wtf?

I think they have immense amounts of talent, all of them. Great band.

Yeah, sorry, my bad.
nofxfan7
26 IQ
i love Streetlight Manifesto.keasby nights is a kick ass album.
dennmetal
44 IQ
Im not too big into ska styled music.... but I love this band.
latinosuperstud
UG Board King
1,273 IQ
Quote by nofxfan7
i love Streetlight Manifesto.keasby nights is a kick ass album.

i like catch 22's version better... its more raw... but i am going to a streetlight show this summer on july 5th should prove to be fun... and yeah catch 22 isnt the same without tomas... whats bothers me though is when people dont realize that the album was originally by catch 22
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
cmfrtblynumb92
Banned
108 IQ
i like point counterpoint. i havent listened to the keasbey nights album by streetlight but i have it by catch 22. i like the catch 22 version. maybe ill get the streetlight one sometime. but i have everything goes numb album and i like it.
l337_h4x0r5
14 IQ
Quote by latinosuperstud
i like catch 22's version better... its more raw... but i am going to a streetlight show this summer on july 5th should prove to be fun... and yeah catch 22 isnt the same without tomas... whats bothers me though is when people dont realize that the album was originally by catch 22

what people don't realize is that Tomas Kalnoky wrote the whole freaking album...although the Catch 22 version is better.