Ok...
So I just bought brand new from a shop called chickenfeed (i think its only in Tasmania):
Strat Copy
10 Watt amp
tuner
strap
carry bag
2 sets of strings
stand
picks
oh, and headphones for the amp

all this.. for AU$150
guess what... it sounds and plays like crap. what should i do to it? and i don't mean destroy it, i mean pimp the hell out of it.
Return it? You should find out if it's plywood or what body wood. Only certain types are actually worth REALLY upgrading.
i think you should pimp the hell out of it.
throw some d's on that bitch
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by jpgilbert701

throw some d's on that bitch

I second that!
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
give it to me? ...no?
well, then pimp it out lol. Custom paint job and some new pups
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Burn it?

Those guitars aren't worth the plywood they're made from.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
k. play it on stage. and at the end, set it alight, then smash it up. the audience wont care how **** u are as long as u do something outrageous
play a show with it. Then light it on fire and smash it to pieces. The audience wouldn't care how sh*t it sonded as long as you go way over the top
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by kman123
k. play it on stage. and at the end, set it alight, then smash it up. the audience wont care how **** u are as long as u do something outrageous

Thats actually a damn good idea, but... naa. It'd be good to repaint it actually because I've never repainted a guitar before so if i **** it up it wont matter.

also, whats a d?

WAIT!!! I created the Plaidocaster from a similar POS (click sig). I feel that it needs a counterpart. So for Christ's sake make a Paisleycaster or a Polkakdotocaster or something.
-PLAIDOCASTER
-Ibanez Iceman Bass (Sunburst)
-Nonack Special Mk. II (Blood Red Mahogany/ Natural Binding)
-Fretless Soundgear (Color Shift Purple/Blue/Red/Orange)
-Pearl Export 5 pc. Drumset (Black)
Quote by duggyrocks
I think they're referring to Dimarzio pickups when they say "d's". Maybe not though.

I'm also going to watch this thread because I too have a cheap strat lying about that I never play

God guys, get with the times
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
God guys, get with the times

haha, ok then.

Well ive started sanding the body. im thinking im gonna do an evh paint job :p i know everyone does them, but they are cool. and im thinking i will put a block of wood in the top pickup routing and just whack a humbucker in the bridge. then have a volume and tone knob. and then a buckethead style kill switch for some jordan action :P

speaking of bucket head, here is a pic of me with a kfc bucket on my head: