you may already know from my build thread that im putting a flame veneer on an ibanez body, but i have one concern: the armrest, isit posible to somehow bend the sheet around it without it snapping ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Yeah, people bend veneer all the time; all you need is a low-temp clothes iron preferably with little to no steam.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
im just worried about breaking it, does anyone know how easy or hard they are to work with and the things i should watch out for
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
^big help thankyou.
i was looking at a veneer and it said it was0.6mm thick how on earth would that work ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
^it's all about having the right equipment

The clothes iron trick works just fine. I'd use a little steem too, but then you have to let everything cool and dry before for a few days before you glue anything together. It is easy to break flamed veneer so just remember, go slow. If you get a couple cheap veneers and make a veneer sandwich with the maple in the middle, then you will be much less likely to break something and you will be less likely to burn the wood.
Not taking any online orders.
listen to cord
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Quote by CorduroyEW

If you get a couple cheap veneers and make a veneer sandwich with the maple in the middle, then you will be much less likely to break something and you will be less likely to burn the wood.

brilliant idea thanks everyone.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT