ok i just got a free midi cable and got absoloutely nothin to do with it. i have a squier strat affinity serious and a les paul 100 (if that matters) what are some begginer effects i can use with the midi cable and stuff like that. there is nothing specific i want just not HEAVY HARD CORE DEATH METAL DISTORITION BLOW YOUR EARDRUMS OUT effects some normal non expensive stuff
Quote by A-Chilton
ok i just got a free midi cable and got absoloutely nothin to do with it. i have a squier strat affinity serious and a les paul 100 (if that matters) what are some begginer effects i can use with the midi cable and stuff like that. there is nothing specific i want just not HEAVY HARD CORE DEATH METAL DISTORITION BLOW YOUR EARDRUMS OUT effects some normal non expensive stuff

wait........what.......
Quote by fergus74
So you are looking for cheap effects pedal right?

if thats what you reccomend
Damn Chilton, relax and take a breath and stuff once in a while man.
Erm, you're probably not going to get anything done with that Midi cable, that's more for Synthesizers, Drum Machines, etc.

I suggest finding a local Music shop, and if you can, find similar gear to your own (Guitar and amp wise). Now just grab a few pedals (one at a time), plug, and play. Since you're obviously going into the Metal category, I also suggest you ask for a pair of headphones so you're not booted out of the store.

If you find some you like, come back here, share with us your experiences (in coherent sentences), and we'll try to help you to avoid some pedal you'll regret spending 3 months allowance on in half a year.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Dude you can't put a Midi cable in a guitar, any way.
If you don't know what kind of effec you want I would go with some kind of multi-effect pedal.
If you have a MIDI pickup running from the guitar to a synthesizer you could make a lot of sounds by using the guitar as a controller, but as you only a beginner i wouldn't worry about using a MIDI cable...you aren't going to need it for anything really.