I found the live setup of both Mark Morton from LOG and was looking at the pic here

http://www.randyshreds.com/MACHINE%2...TOUR%20096.jpg

also when I was watching the video of his setup too here, it sounded so heavy when he first played in the beginning and I'm wondering how does he setup his Mark IV because it suprised me how heavy the Mark IV can get, and I heard his gain is only turned half way up, so how heavy can this amp get?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcdMZczWb5Q
Well, odds are, his Mark IVs volume is turned way the **** up, and with tube amps, you can roll back the gain a bit, especially on high gain metal amps. Also, more gain doesn't always mean more heavy. And yeah, the Mark IV is one of the heaviest amps out there.
Quote by Karg45
Well, odds are, his Mark IVs volume is turned way the **** up, and with tube amps, you can roll back the gain a bit, especially on high gain metal amps. Also, more gain doesn't always mean more heavy. And yeah, the Mark IV is one of the heaviest amps out there.

Oh I see, I didnt know about that the volume made that much of a difference to change your sound. Yeah I've been doing research on the Mark Iv and other amps bt I dont know why people say that the Bogner Uberschall and Framus Cobra amps are better than the Mark IV when it comes to sound and how much gain it has?
The Mark IV is very heavily acclaimed for its versatility. I plan on buying one someday, though that day is quite a long way off.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by swordsman14
Oh I see, I didnt know about that the volume made that much of a difference to change your sound. Yeah I've been doing research on the Mark Iv and other amps bt I dont know why people say that the Bogner Uberschall and Framus Cobra amps are better than the Mark IV when it comes to sound and how much gain it has?

better is in the ear of the beholder, but they definitely have more gain than the Mark IV. More gain does not equate to better sound however. I also really doubt he has the gain only halfway on that vid, sounds more like it's cranked up to me. To get those tones, the gain has to be up around 7+ at least, with the GEQ engaged. The Mark can get very heavy, but it's near the top of it's gain range. That's what makes it so versatile however. I owned a Cobra, and although it had more gain, I rarely had the gain over 1:00-2:00 on it. I have to max the gain on the Mark IV, but then you get all the inbetween range where most of the higher gain amps are lacking. The Mark to me isn't a super high gain head, but it can do super heavy at the top of it's range. As for volume, you REALLY have to be cranking it to get the powertubes adding overdrive, I mean earbleeding levels. If you want classic rock OD, that's where the powertube od really comes into play. For the metal tones though, as long as the preamp gain is jacked, and you are playing loud enough to get the poweramp saturating a little and the speakers moving air, the sound is pretty righteous. The Mark IV and Recto series don't depend on the poweramp for their gain however, it's face melting volume to get these things overdriving the powersection.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids