I have a 25 db ibanez bass amp and I am having a few friends up to jam soon. Will using a guitar on my bass amp damage it at all? thanks guys!
It wont damage it...not sure 25 watts will be enough watts to actually hear yourself over other amps however it wont hurt the amp...i actually use an old Stage amp from the 70's that is a 50 watt bass amp that I love the sound of...lots of bottom end...Ive owned a bunch of amps in the past however for some reason i keep going back to that old decrepit bass amp which is on its last legs unfortunately.
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
no, it will just sound deeper. josh homme form queens of the stone age always uses a bass amp.
it wont damage it, it will probably even sound great to, my best friend came to me today to jam and I played on his amp with my regular guitar and it sounded like hell!!! it had this nice Hives sound but with strong bluesy touches to it. and it was 'only' a Behringer 45watt amp!

Greetz,
Zero
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vixen
Ibanez RG7321
Cort G210
Epiphone Les Paul 1956 Goldtop
Laboga Mr. Hector
Randall 4x12
Boss MT 2
Boss BD 2
Boss DD3
Korg Pitchblack
a guitar through a bass amp will always be fine, as the speaker can handle the highs and lows, but a bass through a guitar amp might cause problems, as gutiar speakers can't handle the lows as well
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by nosaj89
no, it will just sound deeper. josh homme form queens of the stone age always uses a bass amp.
Does he still use a bass amp? I thought he only did it in Kyuss, but I may be wrong.
damage it ? I wouldn't think so. Just fix the eq's so that you get more high end and less low end it'll be fine.