Ok, at this point I'm getting really close to pinpointing my next amp. I have narrowed it down to three. I could go for the AD50VT (Cheapest ). I could spend a little more for the AD50VT2-XL . Out of those two the thing I am concerned about is the bigger one being more amp than I actually need. I don't gig or anything. Would the quality be about the same?

The third amp I am considering is a Fender Blues Jr. but the one I found might not be what was recommended to me previously, so i don't know. It would cost more than usual, so I would probably have to get a little cheaper guitar, considering I'm buying both at the same time.

I play a wide variety of music but I want to get into some more metal. The three are within my budget, with the exception of the Blues Jr. but I would think it could be worth it to cut into my guitar budget to get an all tube.
The Valvetronix amps are all very nice - the XL would be more your thing if you wanted to play metal. You'd be right in saying it'd be a good thing to extend your budget for a valve amp - I'd look into the Crate Palomino series, with an external OD pedal to get some Metal tone upto about RATM. The tone would be a fair bit better than the Valvetronix amps but without as much versatility.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Well the Blues Jr is for clean/classic rock stuff, you can use a pedal for gain, but you could also buy an amp made for metal.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Well the Blues Jr is for clean/classic rock stuff, you can use a pedal for gain, but you could also buy an amp made for metal.
Hey man, you haven't been on here as much as you were, been busy with that new Champ?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
i've a Vox AD50VT, its not too good for metal but when i got some 81's for my guitar it really has changed so much, i might change the tube preamp too
Quote by MrCarrot
Hey man, you haven't been on here as much as you were, been busy with that new Champ?

I was on holiday for 2 weeks, and that's bout it. Plus I have a life... lol. Ok I don't. Whats with all the questions?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30