so i had been saving up for a new guitar for 2 years, since i finished my senior year in HS. Now its my 2nd year in college and i just remember since school is starting i gotta pay for my books. All 600 dollars down the drain for 3 a month semester. damn damn! i hate how they always put out new books to make money off of students when the older books are fairly cheap. my math lasted semester cost more then my current Guitar which was 150 dollars. F8cken ridiculous sh*t bye bye to my new guitar
LOL
yes.
Quote by toxicity33
When I was like 3(4?) My friend and I hatched a plan to murder the easy-chair in my living room. We ran in there tipped it over and stabbed it a bunch(with previously aquired steak knives) and left it for dead.

Who needs books.

Just shred in front of the professor and she will have an orgasm and give you an A.

Fender Strat
Alexi Laiho ESP

Quote by Doolittle
one time i masturbated into a pumpkins. needless to say
PWNED

Follower of the UG Faith, PM me to join!
Quote by Triquad
Who needs books.

Just shred in front of the professor and she will have an orgasm and give you an A.

lol i should huh, since 3 out of 4 teachers are all young lady teachers
LOL
You could have asked to borrow someone elses books, photocopied every page, kept one set of copies for yourself, and sold the rest to everyone else for half the store price, therefore, you could've saved on buying books, gained a profit from selling books, and you could have got a new guitar much quicker.

Owned, quite frankly.
Funny words.
Buy used maybe? Plus you can always sell them back on amazon or stupid freshmen

One semester of housing, food, tuition, and other fees totaled $7500
on half.com you can buy books for like a third of what the school charges. also email teachers and ask if you can use an older edition of the book because those sell for dirt. im usig 3 out of date books and the teachers dont mind one bit (as long as they know)
Quote by SiKh22
lol i should huh, since 3 out of 4 teachers are all young lady teachers

There you go. Just sleep with them for A's.

Also charge them money for a better new guitar.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
photocopies...
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Copying a 300 page book? no no, if it was something then i woujld have. I do buy used books, but my math book was introduced that same semester, they changed it on us. No choice to buy it but new. I Am Iron Man, its not that easy if the books are 300 or 400 pages, i aint gonna copy 5 books that is almost near 2000 pages. the books u copy are like little science articles that cost 20 bucks, thats ok to copy since its no biggy, but regular texts no.
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
Copying a 300 page book? no no, if it was something then i woujld have. I do buy used books, but my math book was introduced that same semester, they changed it on us. No choice to buy it but new. I Am Iron Man, its not that easy if the books are 300 or 400 pages, i aint gonna copy 5 books that is almost near 2000 pages. the books u copy are like little science articles that cost 20 bucks, thats ok to copy since its no biggy, but regular texts no.

...Meh.
Funny words.
i have next to me a math book of arround 1000 pages, and it's a photocopy, it cost me 1/5 of the real price doing it
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
1000 page math book? wow... I'm have to bargain like i did for my English book last semester, got the girl to bring it down to 20! from 80 haha. i'm going in California, Community college right now, its my last year here before i head off to a UC upstate. since iam buying all of my books, i dont want to ask my parents for the money. I feel that they have helped me enough in life, so i had a job and saved saved for school. I go to PCC as of right now.
LOL
well a friend lend me the book hah, really i didn't buy it, and i used for three semesters (i failed the course one, and then the continuation)
Bad luck for me that is not useful on this last semester of ****ing math courses
Buy the books, sir.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
PCC is photocopies? (sorry my mother language is not english)

Then remember to ask it with "rings" (idk how to say to them) 1000 of pages with brackets would not last long
ah PCC is my school's name, nicknamed. But Photocopies in my school cost 15 Cent USD, and across the street they cost 10 cents USD, not a huge difference. I know what u mean, with the rings so they wont rip easily. i hope this semesters books are all old so i can look at the posts and buy them used. save at least 200
LOL
Last edited by SiKh22 at Aug 23, 2007,
ypu need advance math's book on school? wtf
Can you not download the books in like, .pdf form?

They might be on www.questia.com

If not, I dunno. Education is just another area where rich kids have a massive advantage (Class war anyone with me!).

There must be some way to get 'em for cheap- maybe get the school to buy 'em in bulk and then sell them to students?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
.. It took you 2 years to save up $600?
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by rickyy
.. It took you 2 years to save up $600?

No i had more, but you regular expenses food, and whatnot. I had left 600 dollars aside for my guitar, it was a one thousand. But when i first started college, it had cost me near $2,000 for classes,books,permits. My school is on the rich side of the city, and they charge alot since like 30,000 people go to just one community college. So i guess they can charge whatever they feel like, sure feels like that. You know that drink Sobe, it cost 1.29 in the local food mart. My schools cafeteria, it costs $3.50 and charging tax on top of it. i was so thirsty i needed something, i gave in
LOL
I've saved up least 200 pound in the 2 months of work so far. Thats still going out when I want, buying a Creative Zen Vision M (190 pounds) and running a car while working for a wage of just 60 a week.

Sucks books cost so much though.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
Buy the books, get good results, get a goob job, then buy an even better guitar than what you currently can.

+1.
I had to buy all new books this semester. $450 for 4 classes... This **** is mad expensive. I hate college.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
I never spent more than £100/year on books at uni.
But maybe that explains my **** degree(combined with too much beer and too little work, going cheap on books is probably a minor factor).
Quote by Paroxysm
Buy used maybe? Plus you can always sell them back on amazon or stupid freshmen

One semester of housing, food, tuition, and other fees totaled $7500

If i go to Berklee, mine will rack up to $22,000 a semester
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
My ****ing math book was 94$ used!! I still have to buy 3 more books. ><"

*Stabs small child*
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Guitar for less than $150? I'm sure it was **** anyway.. I'd do the responsible thing and go for new books. Once you're done with college and get a good paying job you can buy a way better guitar then that $150 one
Quote by paulvxD
Guitar for less than $150? I'm sure it was **** anyway.. I'd do the responsible thing and go for new books. Once you're done with college and get a good paying job you can buy a way better guitar then that $150 one

it was a starter guitar so what do u expect, but a book does not equal a musical instrument. ****'en fag authors writing the books
LOL
well, you need the books for school. You don't need a new guitar, no matter how much you want one.

Buy the books, you can sell them back at the end of the semester.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...