I don't know if this is the right place but w/e. Anyways, I have apple garage band software on my computer, and it works great, the only thing is that i can't use any of the effects on it. Whenever i try it as soon as I hit record, it says there's too many effects, and not enough memory for them. Anyone know how to increase my computer storage space to allow for the effects? Or if it's a different problem from my description?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
You'll need to buy more RAM.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
What if I deleted a ton of crap off the computer?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
that wont free up RAM, closing running programs would.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
there's ram and rom. jerry and tom... anyway, RAM (random access information) is built in memory on your comp, ROM (read only memory) is like a CD with memory on it. There might be glitch in the software or something (pretty unlikely), but my guess is that it doesnt allow or want you to use that many effects. If the number of effects is above a round number then thats probably the case. If it says too many effects when you use like 3 effects than it probably is the memory problem. You could shut down any antispy software or other stuff like that. It might help some.
My gear:
Epiphone Limeted Edition Les Paul Custom G-400 with maestro Tremolo

Squire '51

Line 6 Spider II (it sucks but not as bad as people say it does)
I can't use even one effect
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
Quote by Jims645
there's ram and rom. jerry and tom... anyway, RAM (random access memory) is built in memory on your comp

fixed

But yes, if you don't have other programs open in the background, you most likely need more ram on your computer (you'll need to buy more, if it'll fit in the computer). It could also be stuff running in the system tray that's taking up memory, but that's something more confusing, plus I don't use macs, so I dunno how to explain it to you haha (assuming you run it on a mac, I don't know if garage band is even available on pc?).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
did you try asking apple? They give fast and accurate responses, so see if they can be of any help to you. Personally, I've never experienced this, so good luck!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
maybe u have a virus, or did u just install garage band and never restart? maybe reinstall it.
Well Enough Alone
I'd give up now. Unless you can add RAM, Garage band is the biggest fail on Macs. It's a RAM *****. I can't run 2 same tracks with no effects at one time on my Macbook...let alone run word and excel at the same time and get decent speeds... WIndows has loads of free ones that are though not as good, are still a good alternative.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.