I own an old Sho-Bud volume pedal that I am convinced belonged to the late Stevie Ray Vaughan. My mother actually used to live in Texas not far from Vaughan's home, and her boyfriend at the time retrieved the pedal from the back of his truck (it either fell out or he stole it, i'm not 100% on that). My whole family swears it really belonged to him. What do you guys think? If it is really his, what do you think it would be worth?
By the way, it still works.
Well it won't be worth much as you can't prove it's his, but you should keep it if it's really his!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
thats cool ****
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
stevie never once used a volume pedal, on stage or on recordings. if it was a wah, that might be a different story, but i doubt that that's his volume pedal, sorry.
If you can prove it then cool, but if not then it probably wouldn't be worth much
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by okinky
stevie never once used a volume pedal, on stage or on recordings. if it was a wah, that might be a different story, but i doubt that that's his volume pedal, sorry.

Well it obviously got stolen before he could use it.
Funny words.
myspace him and find out

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
dude, keep it. play it. but since thats stolen, your not allowed to steal any of his licks. sorry.
Quote by str@t0ca$ter
her boyfriend at the time RETRIEVED )

WTF??? It's impossible to RETRIVE something legally from somebody's truck without permission! How could pedal fell of grom the truck?

Quote by str@t0ca$ter
the pedal from the back of his truck (it either fell out or he stole it, i'm not 100% on that). My whole family swears it really BELONGED to him.

That makes your family bunch of thieves, SON-OF-A-THIEF!!!

Quote by str@t0ca$ter
What do you guys think? If it is really his, what do you think it would be worth?
By the way, it still works.

1. I think that you are going to jail VERY VERY soon son! Behave!
2. It's very stupid to say on the internet forum that you have stolen properity
Seeing as he's dead and all...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
release a song identical to his with a different title and you'll see that being dead doesn't mean you can't be sued lol
Its a neat story but stolen=bad Karma. I bought a guitar I strongly suspected was stolen when I was very young. My favorite guitar was stolen 23 years later. Throw it in the dumpster.
Go to Stevie's grave and ask someone there that you would like to return it and one of your relatives had stolen it many years back.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Mail it to Jimmie Vaughan, since he owns basically all of Stevie's gear now.
Jimmie. I would actually keep and cherish it...and maybe ask Jimmie if it was legit, and if that would be okay to keep.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Thanks everyone. I will cherish it, and I apologize to the spirit of Stevie if he did steal it. Actually I should update what i said earlier- It was my aunt's husband, not my mom's boyfriend who got the pedal- I just called her a minute ago and asked about it. He helped Stevie move to a different house in Texas, which explains how he had access to the pedal.

Also, I'm not gonna cop any of Stevie's licks when I play.
Last edited by str@t0ca$ter at Aug 23, 2007,
the Sho-Bud is the volume 'footswitch' for the Sho-Bud lap steels, no?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by str@t0ca$ter
Thanks everyone. I will cherish it, and I apologize to the spirit of Stevie if he did steal it. Actually I should update what i said earlier- It was my aunt's husband, not my mom's boyfriend who got the pedal- I just called her a minute ago and asked about it. He helped Stevie move to a different house in Texas, which explains how he had access to the pedal.

Also, I'm not gonna cop any of Stevie's licks when I play.

hehe, I would revise it more, and say he probably gave it to him for helping him move. I wouldn't mention it was stolen, from a dead guitar legend, on a guitar forum, lol. And why not cop any of his licks, that's what blues players have been doing for years! It's not the licks, it's what you do with them.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Don't worry about stealing licks, they're all written by Satan anyway. When you improv blues, and just stop thinking and play, that's the devil playing through you. When you play a lot of blues, the devil may work other dark magic through you, mainly to do with loose women, drink and drugs. It's a risk I'm prepared to take.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
Don't worry about stealing licks, they're all written by Satan anyway. When you improv blues, and just stop thinking and play, that's the devil playing through you. When you play a lot of blues, the devil may work other dark magic through you, mainly to do with loose women, drink and drugs. It's a risk I'm prepared to take.

Alright now you went and made me want to play some more blues.