Lately i've been goin thru this time where every guitar feels like crap to me. like i can pick up a guitar, any guitar, adn they all dont feel right to me. I even pick up guitars like this fender deluxe players strat that i have played before and loved and it feels like crap to me now. so i kno its not the guitars im playing. its rly weird and sucks.

anyone else go thru this?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
It's through, not thru! AAARGH! And, no, I don't feel like that.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
maybe you've taken on other interests? maybe guitar isn't as high a priority to you anymore, or something like that? i don't know, i'm just guessing, it's never happened to me before
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Sure, everyone does. At least, I do.

Sometimes it's a day, sometimes a week, sometimes an hour. I found out, it doesn't really hurt much. As said, it's like writer's block. And the best thing about it is, it makes you also have days where you are absolutely flyin' without even tryin'!
Quote by Stentroll
It's through, not thru! AAARGH! And, no, I don't feel like that.

lol sorry tis left over from my days of Yahoo! messenger. and honestly, when i get home i rly dont care about spelling soooooo.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Y00p
Sure, everyone does. At least, I do.

Sometimes it's a day, sometimes a week, sometimes an hour. I found out, it doesn't really hurt much. As said, it's like writer's block. And the best thing about it is, it makes you also have days where you are absolutely flyin' without even tryin'!

hm that makes a lot of sense, cause i just went through a period where basically any guitar i picked up felt like butter and i could make nice pretty sounds come from it....hmmm
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
This happened to me before and made me think i hated fenders for at least a year! arrgh!
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
It just happens. Normal. Now you know why its so hard to be a gigging musician. They have to play no matter how they feel.
Yup, as a matter of fact I feel like that right now. But it's happened to me before and if I'm right it should just pass over.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
that happenes to me. dont worry, it should pass, if it doesnt, gutiar isnt for you.
Only when Its not my guitar, because the action will be different, and the strings might be new, it just needs some breaking in.

When my friends let me play their 20 year old jacksons and other old guitars, they always feel really comfortable, so maybe its just new guitars that I dont like as much.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Maybe you have just hit a plateau with your playing. Try learning some new songs, new tecniques or even a new genre all together. Your malaise will probably pass.