Okay, so I know that the intro is played on a 12-string acoustic with a capo at the seventh fret. Then went it repeats for the first time, a normal acoustic comes in next. On the Eagles Farewell 1 Tour DVD, the second guitar to come in is a 12-string with a capo at the second fret. Is the capo on the first guitar used to make the song easier to play?

I have a tab book of the album. For the song it says the capo is at the seventh fret, but isn't is played up on the 1-4 fret area. I've seen tabs on UG where it says to play it at the 7-11 fret area. Where do you really play it? And why the capo on the second fret on the Farewell DVD version?
You play it in the seventh. The other acoustic capo is used almost like the 7th fret ( bminor can be played no the 7th and the 2nd. Think about it, thats about it really.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
1-4 fret when there is a capo on 7th is the same as 7-11 frets...the frets numbers are relative
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by RageAgainst...
1-4 fret when there is a capo on 7th is the same as 7-11 frets...the frets numbers are relative

Uh, 1-4 when a capo is on 7 would be 8-12, since 0 would be the 7th fret.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir