but idk how to set it up it comes with instructions to set it up the normal way but i bought it with 100v ac tap, which the site recommended to buy if i had a 100W amp...here's the link to the site: http://ultimateattenuator.com/tech.html

Any ideas how to set it up?? The UA has an speaker input and an amp input...but then it says "100v" and there's a plug....what do i plug in there??
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
just plug a speaker cable between the UA's amp input and the amp's speaker out. a speaker cable between the speaker, and the UA's speaker input.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
what do i plug there???
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Power.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Power.

there's already a power cord going from the UA to the wall

-Homer Simpson
I think it can act as the power for your amp.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by ECistheBest
does it work without it?

yea, but the UA is for 50W amps, so if i have a 100W amp, they recommend to get it with the "100v tap" which i'm assuming is the plug...but i dont know what i supposed to plug there
-Homer Simpson
This is what the site says about the 100v Tap

"If you want to use the Standard UA with a 4 EL-34 or 4 6550 amp, you must purchase and use the 100v ac tap. This will lower the voltage enough to make the amount of heat safe for the unit. If you don’t want to use the 100v tap, you can pull out a push-pull pair of output tubes (either the outer two or inner two). Remember to halve the impedance setting on the amp (compared to the cabinet) if you don’t use the attenuator.

Example: 8 ohm amp setting into a 16 ohm cabinet. If you don’t want to do this either, you must use the Super UA. Thermal damage caused by running a 4 EL-34 or 4 6550 amp straight into a standard UA without the above stated precautions is not covered under warranty."
-Homer Simpson
Is there no instruction book?

Anyway, a power cable would go there. One that accepts three prongs.
Quote by Denthúl
Is there no instruction book?

Anyway, a power cable would go there. One that accepts three prongs.

there's one but it tells you how to set it up normally (without the 100v tap)
-Homer Simpson
I'd say just try a power cable. You could always email them to make sure though. It's what I would do
I think you don't plug the amp's power cable in and use that slot instead?
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by Denthúl
I'd say just try a power cable. You could always email them to make sure though. It's what I would do

Just sent the email
-Homer Simpson
your amp is supposed to plug into the 100V tap on the UA, so it lowers the voltage to the amp and it runs a little cooler. That's what I get from reading that site. Is that an outlet on the front of the UA, next to the "90V" ? I would assume that's where you plug an amp in. Have you emailed him and asked exactly how it should be connected?

100 volt AC tap
3 prong female AC tap for plugging in your amp to drop the voltage to around 100v. Useful to slightly drop plate voltage on amp. Tonal effects are minimal. Feel may have slightly more give. Useful for older British amps that may run current production tubes a little hot. Easier on vintage transformers. Also useful for extended coffee fueled jams with extreme attenuation for easier (cooler) amp operation. Not to be used as a courtesy outlet.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
your amp is supposed to plug into the 100V tap on the UA, so it lowers the voltage to the amp and it runs a little cooler. That's what I get from reading that site. Is that an outlet on the front of the UA, next to the "90V" ? I would assume that's where you plug an amp in. Have you emailed him and asked exactly how it should be connected?

yea and it works

One last question:
The instructions say "if you experience hum or squealing from your amp (which i am), lift the ground on the UA using a 3 to 2 prong adaptor"

What does that mean??? sorry...i'm still working on my english
-Homer Simpson
Quote by blues-guitarist
yea and it works

One last question:
The instructions say "if you experience hum or squealing from your amp (which i am), lift the ground on the UA using a 3 to 2 prong adaptor"

What does that mean??? sorry...i'm still working on my english

An adaptor that converts the plug from 3 to two prongs.

http://www.electronicplus.com/images/products/419GY.jpg
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
thanks
-Homer Simpson
Just wanted to say that this is the best attenuator i've tried...the tone didn't changed much, sounds a little more trebelly, but a way better deal that the hot plate and the yellow jackets that i tried before....but way more expensive too lol but it's worth it...if you are thinking of buying an attenuator, definitely try this one
-Homer Simpson