I've never been reported before but today i said icy hot and apparently it was spam, so what happens when you get reported? Not as in you get perma banned or something, what do the mods do? personal message you or something?
Christ, i dunno what mods do to tell you whats happening, and ive been reported by two different people for saying icy hot is the opposite of upside down without realising its spam
Quote by chris_libby_88
lmfao...im kidding. ive never reported anyone, and i hate the gay kids with no life that acually report people.

If there's something report worthy then they should report it.

Thread starter: the mods get an email with the post/link to thread/reason it was reported in it. They'll then take a look at it and decide on the appropriate action.

If they decide to give you a warning (or ban) the details of that are automatically emailed to you. There'll be more detailed stuff on the warning/ban system in the faq.

I wouldn't post 'icy hot' stuff anymore, good chance you'll get a warning for it.
^Thanks, i dont think posting icy hots worthy of being banned anyway, kinda noobish thing to do, then again ive ony been here a year, i think that makes a n00b, anyway, cheers!
Right, I started a thread asking for an OiNK invite, and some random ***hole says I'm reported and that he hopes I get banned!

I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something, but I honestly don't know what I did wrong!

I did actually say in the post I made that all the threads I found for torrents on here were either closed, or didn't want people asking for invites.

Cheers.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Last edited by AvengedThrice at Aug 27, 2007,
Quote by chris_libby_88
reported*
Quote by chris_libby_88
lmfao...im kidding. ive never reported anyone, and i hate the gay kids with no life that acually report people.
Quote by chris_libby_88
lol..relax..its no big deal. u pretty much have to say ur going to blow up UG or something like that to get banned...or u could spam UG support....lmao
Chris, that was a mistake. All of your posts in this thread. Reporting bad threads or posts is not a joke. It's actually the responsibility of all members using the forums.

1 - You should never say *reported* as a joke.

2 - You should not belittle people who do the right thing.

3 - Using "gay" as an insult is passe.

4 - Try reading the rules. That will help you if you don't want to get warned or banned yourself.

5 - It's a big enough problem for the staff if they have to deal with your behaviour and attitude. I don't think they'll be too fond of you corrupting others with bad advice. Especially here in the Newbie forum where so many brand-new members will see it.

6 - ?????????

7 - PROFIT!!!

/fun informational part of post.

Chris, I'm actually going to report all 3 of your posts. If you think that makes me "gay" I won't lose too much sleep over it. Your respect means less to me than preventing you from giving terrible advice that will cause many others grief. The group is far more important than either you or I. You'd be well off to learn that soon.

Good Luck,
SYK

*Reported*

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by AvengedThrice
Right, I started a thread asking for an OiNK invite, and some random ***hole says I'm reported and that he hopes I get banned!

I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something, but I honestly don't know what I did wrong!

I did actually say in the post I made that all the threads I found for torrents on here were either closed, or didn't want people asking for invites.

Cheers.

There's an 'Only' torrent thread floating about the pit somewhere. There've been loads of threads with people asking for torrent invites and everyone got quite sick of them, not to mention you shouldn't discuss illegal activities on UG, which seems to be what a lot of people use them for.