http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_schecter_tempest_custom_electric_guitar?full_sku=515866%2e837

anyone ever play this guitar?
i came across it online, curious about it..

noob questino whats a coil tap? XD
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
A coil tap is a coil split, and not a coil tap at all. Most guitar manufacturers who have coil splits on some of their guitars will label it "coil tap" for some reason.

However, what it does is that when you pull on a knob (often the tone knob) it cuts one coil of the humbucker(s) out of the picture, so it's essentially turning it into some sort of a single coil. It doesn't quite sound like a single coil, though. I have it on my M600, but I've found no use for it.

(Ibanez has a newfangled system that supposedly does it well, though).
Quote by Pikka Bird
A coil tap is a coil split, and not a coil tap at all. Most guitar manufacturers who have coil splits on some of their guitars will label it "coil tap" for some reason.

However, what it does is that when you pull on a knob (often the tone knob) it cuts one coil of the humbucker(s) out of the picture, so it's essentially turning it into some sort of a single coil. It doesn't quite sound like a single coil, though. I have it on my M600, but I've found no use for it.

(Ibanez has a newfangled system that supposedly does it well, though).

so its just kinda there. no way id hit the switch by accident or anythin?

id really have no use for one XD
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Nah, I reckon you'd never ever accidentally pull on the knobs. You'd have to be some sort of spastic to actually grab the knob and pull it up away from the body by accident.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Nah, I reckon you'd never ever accidentally pull on the knobs. You'd have to be some sort of spastic to actually grab the knob and pull it up away from the body by accident.

lol
well have you played the guitar/guitars of the smae body and found they were alright?
Quote by wannabe jesus
Is it me or are Schecters getting really popular?
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by Flemfloyd
Is it me or are Schecters getting really popular?

i think so.

im seein projekt rev and, from what i can tell, two/three of the bands (that i can tell) use schecter guitars, so they got their name on that stage que a bit (up their with gibson, cause lots of the bands use LP's)
Quote by wannabe jesus