) Isn't it true that doctors can keep things from a patient's parents if asked to? My girlfriend is going to go get put on birth control next month, and while she's there, she's suppose to be getting the shot that helps prevent cirvical cancer. Which, leads into my second question:

2) Does anyone know why they say you have to be a virgin to get the shot? She's not, but if it doesn't cause any harm, then couldn't see just get the shot and have the doctors not tell her mom that she's not a virgin?
i dunno man. it would also probobly depend on how old she is. i believe if shes a minor the doctor is required to tell her parents.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
if you'da kept it in your pants, you wouldnt be asking this question.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
still though. im assuming shes your age, 15 yo's shouldnt be having sex anyway IMO.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
In Canada the age where you can keep medical informaton secret is 14, as far as I know. Don't know if it's the same there though.
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
Quote by Shredder Guitar
still though. im assuming shes your age, 15 yo's shouldnt be having sex anyway IMO.

He didn't ask for a fucking lecture, did he?

Anyway, the doctor can't repeat anything to anyone, the patient/doctor confidentiality agreement forbids it, unless in some kind of extreme case, I believe.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by Shredder Guitar

I never even said anywhere that I personally have had sex with her. How do you know if I have or not? Stop assuming things. I just need help with these two questions, not a lecture.

EDIT: Thank you, fridge_raider.
Well, people are trying to prevent cervical cancer as early as they can. It is best if the girl is a virgin, obviously, because she hasn't had sex yet and they're not at risk for cervical cancer. It shouldn't cause her any harm though if she took the shots. By the way, the HPV immunization is a series of three shots, not just one. The secret thing, I'm not really sure about though. I know patient-doctor confidentiality applies to certain things. But if they feel that the patient's parents should know about it, they'll tell.
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
I find it sad that you have to sign a form to get tylenol at school, but can get birth control from a professional doctor in secret.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
yes, it shows how stupid ppl can be, will be and have been.
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer