Page 1 of 2
This is a subject I happen to be very touchy about, for months I've been paranoid about spiders and such showing up next to me in bed, til last night when I woke up with a Wolf Spider hanging right over my face. Then I end up bolting out of my bed and smashing it right against my wall, not to add spider blood getting on my pillow.
Last edited by Maui Waui at Jul 1, 2008,
Wait, I thought wolf spiders didn't make webs? And yeah I know how you feel...A wasp stung me in my sleep one time and I didn't know what the hell it was so I just ran downstairs and slept on the couch.
Member of the grammar nazis.

Quote by Firenze

I remember the first time I "shaved" my pubes. I'm not gonna go into details, but I will tell you this: to this day, I don't understand why I thought using a combat knife would be a good idea...
Rosanne Barr and Tom Arnold. Needless to say, I burned the bed.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by Metal claw
Wolf Spider?

Intense... they have them in Vancouver?

They have them here in Texas...Pretty cool looking, actually. They actually chase down their prey.

Quote by Firenze

I remember the first time I "shaved" my pubes. I'm not gonna go into details, but I will tell you this: to this day, I don't understand why I thought using a combat knife would be a good idea...
Quote by Maui Waui
Holy ****!!! My nerves are dieing.

Dying, dude, dying. And why?

Quote by Firenze

That's the most intense spider ever.

It would probably be, for me, my cu- I mean a spider.

>_>
<_<
[/lamejoke]
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I woke up with a red ant sitting on me once, and I was covered in red ant bites.

Not fun.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Wolf spiders aren't that big. One of my Madagascar hissing cockroaches escaped a couple days ago..I was wondering if one night it would just pop up in mine or my parents' bed, but it didn't..my mother found it this morning at 4 am when she went to the bathroom, it was just chilling on the wall.

There's really not much to worry about here, I mean anything that's actually dangerous. The worst I have to worry about is being bitten by a centipede, which is about as bad as a bee sting.
Last edited by technicolour at Aug 23, 2007,
once not to long ago i awoke to something tickling me, i just figured it was a breeze blowing my hair in my face as my window was open, so i kinda just touched it, then it came back a second later and it was some fairly large bug crawling on my face, almost literally scared teh crap out of me
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by gibson_lover_ga
They have them here in Texas...Pretty cool looking, actually. They actually chase down their prey.

they have them in texas?!?!?! I LIVE IN TEXAS. ok some im not gonna sleep tonight. thanks alot...
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Definitely my penis, if you know what I'm talking about.

I loved back when I lived with the parents and they'd come wake me up for school in the morning. Once she walked in on one of those, she never came back.
you know whats a great way to wake up in the morning in your el paso hotel? while taking a shower and takigny our timo to dry off only to realize a tarantula was watching you from above the shower head crawling on the wall...i ran out naked from the shower and ran outside to alert the person in charge and then remembered to at least put on some pants XD!!!
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
OMG THAT PICTURE GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK :|

Thanks metal claw.

Creepiest thing in my bed was my ex. Gah.
lol last summer it was a hot night and all and i left my window open, i woke up with my cat biting my ear ¬¬

but waking up with one of those wolf spiders would be a nightmare really
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
well i wasnt in bed but i was in a tent and woke up after a night of drinking beside some ugly girl. i thought of the worst. nothing happened though aparently
started to play when i broke my foot. best broken bone i ever had.
Does everyone realize wolf spiders are only like this big...

|----------------------|

at the most, and that's including legs, and they're not harmful to humans at all..
Quote by technicolour

|----------------------|

at the most, and that's including legs, and they're not harmful to humans at all..

still they are quite scary =P
imagine one crawling on your face while you sleep
wandering on your lips....take a peek inside your nose and stuff

edit: wandering on your lips while you are snoring and have your mouth half-open

nice =D
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
The worst I've ever had was an ant on my leg. Its not that bad, but just the feeling of something crawling on my leg scared the **** out of me.

Last week in my brother's room there was a centipede. I smashed it with my shoe, then left the shoe in there cus I didn't wanna pick it up and I was sure if it was dead. But now that I think of it, it must have been a mutant if it would have been able to survive my smashing.

Now that he's moved off to college I'm sleeping in his room, so I keep thinking I'm gonna wake up with a ****ing centipede on me.
I once went to lay down in my bed and layed down right on top of a scorpion. They hurt
Rock Crawler of the UG Jeepers
PM Dirk Gently to join if you've got a Jeep
My Science teacher once told me that the average person eats around 200 spiders a year (all when your sleeping). Not sure about the truth behind that.
The whole swallowing insects during your sleep is a myth. It may happen very rarely, but all these numbers people come up with are bull.

Actually there was a couple of times where I flipped out a little. Once I was in my bed and I felt something latch on to my foot..at first I thought I was paranoid, so I shook my leg back and forth, but I just felt it grip tighter, so I ripped up the covers and nothing was there. Moments later the same thing happened, and when I tried to shake it off my foot it just held on, no matter how violent I shook. Finally it came off and I lifted up the covers for like the third time, and found...

a band aid that had fallen off my foot earlier that night : /

And some years ago I was sleeping over at my friends house, on the floor in a sleeping bag. For whatever reason I sat up and shook my head/ran my hand through my head...and an earwig fell out onto my sleeping bag : |

So that had my on edge for the rest of the night, but I was younger.
Last edited by technicolour at Aug 23, 2007,
I was lying on my bed reading and I felt a tickle on my back so I stood up to see a silverfish fall off my back and go running across my bed. I flicked it off but I don't know where it went.
I'm not frightened of insects, but if I woke up with a huge spider in my face I would momentarily freak out before killing it. Thats happened to me loads of times with moths though.

The thing that got the biggest reaction out of me was when something pretty big got into my bed from the bottom, ran up under the covers and came up to my face then howled at me.

Took me a few minutes to wake up and realise my dog just wanted to go for a walk. At 4am. I'd be angry at him, but he's called Satch. How can you get mad at Satch?
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Well, once when my bed used to be in my basement I found one of the centipedes that lurked in my basement on my mattress.

That centipede

it was literally l-----------------------------------l that long or longer
Quote by technicolour

|----------------------|

I've seen ones a couple inches bigger than that.

Quote by Firenze

Quote by stringmagician
Well, once when my bed used to be in my basement I found one of the centipedes that lurked in my basement on my mattress.

That centipede

it was literally l-----------------------------------l that long or longer

Yeah, we've got some of those in/around our house, they're fast little buggers.
**** centipedes. I will admit though, milipedes are much freakier. Uh, I hate those things. *shivers*
Quote by RHCP94
**** centipedes. I will admit though, milipedes are much freakier. Uh, I hate those things. *shivers*

The pet store near my house sells giant millipedes. And they're not dangerous at all, they're vegetarians, and are pretty slow. Now...those giant centipedes..from south america for example, are predators, extremely fast, and have a toxic bite (just like their smaller north american cousins, except much more potent because of their size) that can make an adult human sick, and hurt like hell.

But I would like to buy a giant black millipede to keep my hissing roaches company.
Page 1 of 2