The band's bassist (I always say "the" band instead of "my", "my" is too selfish) is annoying the **** out of everybody.Him and I are the co-founders of the band, but he's really annoying the **** out of us. He always takes our motivation away and is very self centered (he literally said "I don't have to do anything, s**t just happens for me"). His timing sucks, and has no creative input at all. However, I am buying a laptop from him, but I do not have the money right now, I will just pay him as I get the money. That means I can't really kick him out, or he'll take the laptop (my guess, but he's that type of person. He'll friggin' torch my house if he finds out). I found a new bassist who is awesome at playing and has a lot of creativity, he also knows a drummer that would be willing to play with us. What should I do? If both me and the singer say we're quitting, he'll take it as we're kicking him out. What should I/we do?
Guitars:
Slivertone SIK-1 (Black w/ Custom Killswitch)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White)

Platanos con Salami

Hippies at Heart
start a "side" project with the other guys that he doesnt know about. Once you get your laptop just leave him or slowly stop having practices and just kinda slow down and chill and when he asks about practice be like yeah man soon.
Wait 'til you got the laptop and GTFO with the singer.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
get the laptop, get out with singer, but make sure to tell the bassist that he has potential, and it will take time, but youre way too impatient for it to take hold. telling him he's a jackass wouldnt hurt either.... actually it could but you get my point
just quit, not both of you, just you, they will likely fall apart, then start a band witht he other ppl, and if he asks say you liked the drummer and the other basist was the drummers best friend and other BS
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
get the laptop, and kick his ass out
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
um dude, literally kick his ass out of the band. who cares if he'll get pissed? "**** will happen to him" and he'll find a new band to annoy lol. just wait for the laptop then literally kick his sorry disgrace to the bass-playing minority ass.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
get the laptop, then wait a few weeks, if you kick him out right after you get it. it will look really bad, like your just using him for awhile. i have the same problem the my and my friends band, we are also the founders of it, but he thinks he should get to say how things go around and he doesnt even have a bass yet.
what's with all this laptop crap? If you're gonna dump him (even if he is a douche) at least be a man and don't try to profit from a dishonest friendship and professional relationship.

What does your other member think? (you guys are just three right now no drummer?) Tell him to his face you guys don't like playing with him, tell him why so he can fix it next time he's in a band if he actually chooses to learn something, then start a new band with a new name with these other people you are talking about.

It's a pretty crappy thing to do to lead this guy on, no matter how bad he is, just so that you can get a cheap laptop from him. I know that if I led a band with a guy that was dishonest and disloyal in such a way I'd kick him out!
Quote by dullsilver_mike
what's with all this laptop crap? If you're gonna dump him (even if he is a douche) at least be a man and don't try to profit from a dishonest friendship and professional relationship.

What does your other member think? (you guys are just three right now no drummer?) Tell him to his face you guys don't like playing with him, tell him why so he can fix it next time he's in a band if he actually chooses to learn something, then start a new band with a new name with these other people you are talking about.

It's a pretty crappy thing to do to lead this guy on, no matter how bad he is, just so that you can get a cheap laptop from him. I know that if I led a band with a guy that was dishonest and disloyal in such a way I'd kick him out!

QFT

even if you wait till after you get the laptop off this guy, he's still going to see it as you ripping him off. just do it now, like waxing your balls, the quicker you do it the less it hurts.