17 26%
Strat
29 44%
HSS
11 17%
other/save more
9 14%
Voters: 66.
So my birthday's coming up in a few days, and I've managed to save up around 250 bucks before then. I'm also going to sell my crappy BC Rich, and I will probably have enough for a standard Tele or Strat soon. But I can't decide which to get. My brother got a VG Strat for his birthday, which I play a hell of a lot more than he does, but he gets pissed at me for playing it.

So anyway, which should I get? I play classic rock, blues, and psychadelic rock (Pink Floyd, Doors, Hendrix).

EDIT: Just vote strat, tele, or other. I already have a humbucker guitar.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Last edited by ebbbaaa at Aug 24, 2007,
i wouldn't go with the hss, the humbucker sucks on that. especially if you have a les paul, then you wouldnt need the humbucker
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
I'd say the standard, my Strat is awesome. Great tone, easy to pick up and play. Surprising what 3 single coil pickups can do, thats what hendrix played man.
You have the LP Standard (according to your sig)...I'd go for the strat to get the contrast of singles vs. humbuckers
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
For what you play, I'd go with the Tele or the SSS Strat. I use a Standard Tele and I can actually get a great classic rock tone out of it. The neck pickup is buttery smooth--perfect for blues, and the bridge is surprisingly hot.

^allstar340:
I got a Standard and I honestly can't tell much difference between it and a Highway One. The only major difference I could tell was a slightly different finish and the H1 had larger frets.
I haven't had any problems at all out of it though.
My Gear:

Agile AL-2000 (Tiger-Eye)
Ibanez Acoustic/Electric

Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez TS-7 Tubescreamer [Keeley Modded]
Last edited by CaveatLector at Aug 23, 2007,
yeah, SSS strat, i dont like humbuckers on a strat, they just dont play as well with the alder like single coils do
I'd say tele, or SSS strat for sure. It's all about neck and sound preference.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
What I like about my deluxe is is that it's easy to get a humbuckerish sound just messing with tone controls and using the S-1 switching system.
I'd go HSS, or tele (for tone).
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Hmm... it's a tie. I'll probably take HSS out of the race since I already have an LP.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
If you already have a Les Paul you should get something with 3 s-coils.

You get your warmth fix from your Les Paul

----

I mean two of the artists you listed use the SSS strat.
Telecaster, definitely.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Bump.

I need more opinions, and try to give reasons why I should get the one you chose.
I am kind of partial to the Tele shape though, partly because everyone and their mother, child, sister, brother, uncles, aunts, grandparents, and housepets have a Strat shaped guitar.
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster. You get the S-1 and SCN noiseless pickups in it, along with the abalone inlays, and Schaller locking tuners.
Bump. I have the money. Please post your reasoning for which I should get one guitar or the other.
Tele or SSS strat, personally i'd go for tele but yeah either of those two should be fine.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by ebbbaaa
Bump. I have the money. Please post your reasoning for which I should get one guitar or the other.

I'd go for tele if I was you, it appears to be your dream guitar.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

The only thing I can't stop raving about is the S-1 switching system for the Deluxe Strat. I can literally get any tone I've ever wanted.
strat. cuz it won't hurt ur forearm when you play for a long time.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
HSS for versatlity.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
^he already has another humbucker equipped guitar.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^he already has another humbucker equipped guitar.

Yeah, that and the whole sin against humanity thing, so it's singles all the way!
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

^yea lol. no HSS strats. haha i'm not too much into nazism but yea. i like single coils. looks more slim and not bulky like HSS strats.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^yea lol. no HSS strats. haha i'm not too much into nazism but yea. i like single coils. looks more slim and not bulky like HSS strats.

I don't mind buckers, in the bridge of a mahogony body, but I dislike buckers in Alder, and more importantly, neck buckers.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

My birthday was today and I got a lot more money than expected. I have around 520 dollars, and when I sell my Warlock, I'll probably have somewhere around $700-$720. Any suggestions in those price ranges?

EDIT: Strats or Teles in those price ranges. I've been looking at the Jimmie Vaughan sig and it looks sexy.
I like both Teles and Strats, but for you its probably a SSS Strat. Will do Hendrix and Floyd, and you have the humbucker guitar for the Doors. I think any player should have both a strat and a humbucked solid body. It's just standard gear and you will be prepared for anything (now you need a semi-solid 335-type.)
Okay, the main guitars I'm looking at are the Jimmie Vaughan sig, the Classic 60's, and the Deluxe Players. Any experience with them?