OK so ive been playing hockey 3 hours a day for a few days and doing 2.5 hours of dryland training, and my legs are killing me. Quads, hamstrings, hip abductors, they all hurt so much . i mean, its not unbearable, I can take pain, im a man, but i wish there was something i could use to make them hurt a little less, you dig?
Quote by happytimeharry
Oh Jesus, I never thought I'd say it but try Icy Hot or Aspercreme.

+1
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Yeah I've had that happen when I start dryland training for hockey too. Honestly the best thing to do IMO is to stretch your muscles for 10-15 seconds and take a hot shower.
walk if off you pansy

and since this is a guitar forum i wouldn't be surprised if some dumb ass told you to build up callouses
have a spliff, unwind a bit.

thats the firs tthing that comes to mind.

have a bath?

mmight help to smoke a spliff in the bath aswell.

just chill out, watch a bit of telly and that, smoke a spliff, you know, relax.

any of the above should do the trick.
BUILD UP CALLOUSES!
Blame the dude above me.

Seriously, take a couple days away from hockey to rest. If you don't rest, then your muscles have no chance to grow and become stronger.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I run track pretty seriously and I've heard of and tried the greatest muscle relief method ever. So what you have to do is get like 5 big bottles of coke, empty them, then fill them with water and freeze them. Next fill up your bathtub with cold cold cold water and put the bottles in with you. Then take your ****ing cold ice bath. Stay in until either A) you cant take it anymore or B) the water gets warm. Its going to suck I know, but your muscles will feel better than ever after.
Quote by iron.zeppelin
walk if off you pansy

and since this is a guitar forum i wouldn't be surprised if some dumb ass told you to build up callouses

dude ive been playing hockey for 8 years. i know what to do lol

Its called "Latic acid" and when you work out, it builds in your muscles. Best thing to do after a hard work out is do a cool down such as a light jog or walk. Then after, stretch.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

This is probably the only thread where saying, "Rub some Icy Hot on it," is actually appropriate.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Leftindust
Build up your callouses dickwad.

BTW, this thread was BEGGING for Icyhot.

well then i guess posters should feel welcome to answer my question.

Bandages or cream guys?
Icy hot. (seriously)

Try to lay off 'em barrel rolls for a while. Rub some icy hot and call me in the morning
should i be afraid if the ICY HOT gets too close to my balls? My hip abductors are pretty close. I can barely lift my feet into my skates
Quote by Tedward
should i be afraid if the ICY HOT gets too close to my balls?

No. It feels quite good. A lil tingly sensation.. Like a jellyfish is fondling and tickling your giggleballs
Quote by Tedward
dude ive been playing hockey for 8 years. i know what to do lol

obviously not, now go and cover yourself in either bengay, icyhot, or my personal favorite gold bond extra strength triple medicated powder

and dont rol eyes at people it will make peopel like me want to cut them out yummy
Yep, you need a few things, Icy Hot (for once, it is an actual solution), callouses (don't ask me how to build callouses on your muscles), and barrel rolls (to stretch the muscles, may actually work, who knows?). Seriously though, enjoy the feeling, I love feeling sore. Heat is good, stretch the muscles SLOWLY, and rubbing them will help to promote circulation, which will remove the lactic acid build up.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by iron.zeppelin
obviously not, now go and cover yourself in either bengay, icyhot, or my personal favorite gold bond extra strength triple medicated powder

and dont rol eyes at people it will make peopel like me want to cut them out yummy

lol sorry, i wasnt rolling eyes at you, i was kindof, i dunno, more one of those *wink wink nudge nudge mofos.

Thanks for your help iron.zeppelin but i hate gold bond, theres commercials show old peoples feet
Quote by paulvxD
No. It feels quite good. A lil tingly sensation.. Like a jellyfish is fondling and tickling your giggleballs

this man speaks the truth.

just try it on one nut, you'll see.
^ yes massages work

next time when u work out, after each workout, so lets say u do 45 curls each arm. right afterward massage it, just for 30 secs, like squeeze it and stimulate it, it will feel much better, immediatly and all day. then move on to ur next workout. like if ur fingers hurt when u type or play guitar and u shake them or crack them, same thing
Quote by AngusX
Yep, you need a few things, Icy Hot (for once, it is an actual solution), callouses (don't ask me how to build callouses on your muscles), and barrel rolls (to stretch the muscles, may actually work, who knows?). Seriously though, enjoy the feeling, I love feeling sore. Heat is good, stretch the muscles SLOWLY, and rubbing them will help to promote circulation, which will remove the lactic acid build up.

no if i actually tried a barrel roll or a rollover or anything of the sort i would die because we were working a lot on abs/obliques and those are sort f sore today...

ergg im in another camp for another 2 weeks everyday... not good.
The best thing you can do is stretch, even though it will hurt like a bitch. Once my coach made me do all kinds of quad/hamstring/calf strengthening exercises for like 2 hours straight and I was sore for a whole week after. Stretching a lot made it much better.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Stretch and use a foam roll on the muscles. Just sit down with it under a leg and roll it back and forth. It loosens all the tight muscles. Then take a hot shower and then stretch again. Try to stretch after each workout and in the morning and night.