My friend is allowing me to borrow his line 6 toneport (if I let him borrow my OCD to hook up to his AVT -_-).

So I'm wondering if this will work...He's telling me something about needing a "monitor"? I have no clue what that means...could someone explain it?

And I'm not too sure about connecting everything up--is it like connecting it from my guitar to my computer by USB? And Could I use guitar rig 2 as my interface?

Thanks.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
My friend is allowing me to borrow his line 6 toneport (if I let him borrow my OCD to hook up to his AVT -_-).

So I'm wondering if this will work...He's telling me something about needing a "monitor"? I have no clue what that means...could someone explain it?

And I'm not too sure about connecting everything up--is it like connecting it from my guitar to my computer by USB? And Could I use guitar rig 2 as my interface?

Thanks.

Having no real experience with the Line 6 Toneport, I'm no expert but I think by monitors, he's referring to good quality desktop speakers for 'monitoring' what you're playing (thoughtful name, huh).
I've not no actual idea about hooking it all up though, sorry. There should be a manual somewhere on the internets that can get you some answers.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
^Ahh, no problem, but I appreciate the help.

I think I may just stick to the "mic amp with cheap 10 dollar mic bought from radioshack" method.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
With a toneport you can plug your guitar right in, and the software has modelling for amps and cabs as well as effects, it has ableton live 5 (line 6 demo version) with it too for recording. All you need is the toneport and the cd, and at least a set of headphones (1/4" jack) or some speakers with phone connectors.

Matt