Shot in 1997 by indie filmmaker Rick Madsen, this 36 min documentary filmed during the recording of the Modest Mouse album "The Lonesome Crowded West" will never be released commercially. Artists interviewed for the film include Elliott Smith, Spencer Moody from The Murder City Devils, Doug Martsch of Built To Spill, Sam Coombs of Quasi and Calvin Johnson.

I myself am a big MM fan, its a good watch.

http://youtube.com/user/ModestMovie
I'll provide the birdbath.
i finished it a few hours ago
i just didn't want to double post (or edit)

it was pretty good, i liked when isaac was talking to the lady walking her dog
ya it does, its really sad but i like it a lot his performances are really good and the cinematoghraphy was done well i think.
if anyone could find a version of those video without the sync problems at the end i would be very happy
Thats pretty good
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
if you listen close when hes buying beer, you can hear him ask for some matches and tell the cashier its hard to smoke beer without em.
ha
^ Yeah I heard that
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
^^ yeah that is funny i liked how he was talking about the different cheap beer and witch ones were good and witch werent
anyways very cool i thought
That was pretty cool.

This is just a side note, but did anyone else notice how Doug Martsch, Elliott Smith, and Sam Coombs all have the same demeanor about them? It's just weird they're all kinda stuttery and really soft spoken.
This has nothing to do with the documentary, though it looks very good. I was just wondering...

I have "Good News..." and I want to get into them further. What album should I get next? I like everything I've heard on their latest release, but I'd like guidance from some Mouse-heads. If there's an "Only Modest Mouse Thread," then please redirect me, otherwise, just some advice would be helpful. Cheers.
Quote by Michelangelo193
This has nothing to do with the documentary, though it looks very good. I was just wondering...

I have "Good News..." and I want to get into them further. What album should I get next? I like everything I've heard on their latest release, but I'd like guidance from some Mouse-heads. If there's an "Only Modest Mouse Thread," then please redirect me, otherwise, just some advice would be helpful. Cheers.

Get "The Lonesome Crowded West".

You wont be dissapointed.
Quote by utsapp89
CRUSHING
SLAMMING
BROCOLI!
Face it, t3h MG mini-stack pwns your face.
after the lonesome crowded west, get the moon and antarctica then building nothing out of something(my personal favorite.)
Does anyone know what that thing is the Isaac does with his guitar that sounds like hes using a whammy bar?
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR

"ur a fag if you don't pronounce the lightning bolt in ac/dc"

touche. who wuzzit?

Quote by lookie here
OMG! smile_man, that was amazing.
when he bends harmonics?
find a video example and i'll try to figure out what he is doing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcyQS7D2lFI

The part I'm talking about is when it looks like he turns hand hand over on the bridge and it sounds like he's using a whammy bar.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR

touche. who wuzzit?

Quote by lookie here
the part at 1:38?
i think he is using his whammy bar thing, but it is built into the bridge...
Okay, thanks!
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR

touche. who wuzzit?

Quote by lookie here