Ok,
so some of you may remember that I posted a thread relating to hypnagogic hallucinations .

But what I was unaware of at the time was that I would continue to have them,
all of them relating to spiders.

occurrence 1 - at a friends house, I am trying to sleep when I see a black daddy long legs resting on my left hand. I pull out my cell phone and use the light to discover that it had disapeared.

occurrence 2- mentioned in the linked post. I am trying to sleep when I see hundreds of spiders crawling out of a hole in my wall and swarming my left hand. I turn on the light to see they have disappeared.

occurrence 3 - I am trying to sleep when I see a spider crawling out of my left hand. Once again I turn on the lights to find it has gone.

occurrence 4 - I see a massive white spider (easily the size of my hand with legs outstretched) with black joints and red spots down it's back. It starts at the foot of my bed and races toward my face until it reaches the border of my blanket and goes underneath the covers. I turn on the lights and vigorously search through the bed to find nothing. I then realize that I had completely wasted my time as I have never heard of a spider that looks anything like that.

occurrence 5 - I wake in the middle of the night. I cup my hands and raise them up to see a massive spider resting in my palms. With this sight I bring my hands back to my wall and the spider splits into thousands of smaller spiders which crawl away. Afterwards I don't feel surprised into turning on the lights as I had before and instead I feel strangely comforted.

In terms of structure,
all of the spiders have been daddy long legs with color variations if mentioned.

Some of these
(almost definitely occurrence 5)
may have been false awakenings.

Anyway,
I was interested if the almighty pit could help me come up with an explanation or a meaning for these events.

By the way,
don't even waste your time mentioning arachnophobia.

I am by no means afraid of spiders.
Last edited by superunknown at Aug 24, 2007,
possibly you dont feel comfortable in situations where you cant see everything thats happening or youre just insecure about something...
this has happened to me before except i saw spirits
ive had many of those type hallucinations where ive seen spirits they scawwy
See a doc or psychologist

I personally have never had one of these before..they sound kind of cool though..
Quote by charvel_man
"My lovely lady lumps"
What the **** are lady lumps? What does she have, breast cancer?

Bacchus basses FTW!
www.japanvintageguitars.com
awesome

You know, you could write some kick ass psychedelic stuff like this. Try sleeping with your guitar
Quote by benco
See a doc or psychologist

I personally have never had one of these before..they sound kind of cool though..

Yes they are very interesting but they seem so real they confuse the hell out of you.

Honestly the only reason I haven't sh!t myself yet is because I have done so much research on the subject.

Quote by paulvxD
awesome

You know, you could write some kick ass psychedelic stuff like this. Try sleeping with your guitar

Oh yes definitely.

I actually plan on using these "encounters" for some art for my band pretty soon.
i am the biggest arachnophobic person in the world i like to think... if that ever happened to me id jump out of a window...

i really think that a psychiatrist will help you alot becaue theres probably something about this that you dont know about.. a deep reason why its a daddy longlegs
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Yeah I am almost thinking of doing that but I really don't want to spend the time or the money doing so.

Usually I can figure out any dream I have without any trouble at all but I am at a complete loss with this.
Holy crap..
i've had this, but its not with daddy long legs its big arse house spiders the size of a hand, like suddenly waking up and seeing it running across the wall and when i check theres nothing

:/
honestly, you should spend the time and money to see the psychyatrist or doctor maybe? because it could either be a problem in your brain (like seriously), or just something that your head thought up for some reason.. i just think that it might be something that gets worse over time
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Yeah sometimes I get night terrors when my body tries to cope with a fever, like the walls coming towards me and crap, but I think that's just a medical thing, whereas I think your's is probably psychological.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
^ But there's alot of stuff to say that in moments of high stress that you can end up imagining this stuff
I'm arachnophobic so that would scare the living shi te out of me

just reading that scared me......i hope i never have them
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Something like this is certainly a big problem, waking in the night to see hallucinations of spiders sounds like pretty serious stuff to me.
Be safe and see someone about it (someone qualified) and they'll know what to do. Chances are they've seen this kind of thing before and will know how to help.

Can't say I've ever had them myself so I can't personally give you much advice except what I've already written.
They say, however, that hallucinations waking from sleep and just before sleep are caused by guilty consciences and unsettled minds since the last thing to switch off is your sub-concious part of your brain.
I remember getting auditory hallucinations (where you hear voices) before I used to sleep and especially if I was really exhausted and I had to see someone about it. She said I needed to sort out problems in my life since it was just an over-active subconcious mind.
Did the trick for me, now they hardly ever happen and when they do, I know something's wrong in my mind.
Try it, just see if it works.

Failing that, seriously go and see someone. Be safe rather than sorry.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
im an archnaphobe too, I would have to litterally run out of my house while screaming in pure terror. I have been to afraid to kill daddy long legs here lately. it is odd.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
it seems to have something to do with your left hand.

So the only solution here is to remove the hand.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Damn , I hate those spiders, I just viewed the pic and I got goosebumps all over my body.. They are creppy and disgusting
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Try having sex with one.

EDIT: Reference to the OP.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
any deep unsettling problems you wanna share that might cause this?
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

PROFANER
sounds like you had some problems with spiders and your left hand, maybe as a kid? I dunno I'm no phsycologist, you might want to see one though.
Originally posted by slash_cobain
when the refrigerater tells u to kill stuff and then u do it and noone believes that the refrigerater would say such a thing and while all this is going on, the frige, sitting innocently in the corner, starts making anti semitic remarks
Quote by paulvxD
awesome

I do
Just to clarify something,
I don't think I am going insane.

To my understanding hypagogic hallucinations are not uncommon.

Have you ever been trying to fall asleep and suddenly feel as though you are falling?

It is the exact same phenomena as I am experiencing but in a tactile form rather then visual.

Quote by x/taluha
so are they dreams...?
or it is when youre awake?

Technically they are dreams.

But the hypnagogic state
(where I am having the hallucinations)
is the transition between being awake to being asleep.

When you are in this state you seem as though you are awake but your mind is pretty much asleep so it basically becomes possible to have a very dulled-down form of dreams while awake.

But as far as I know it is only possible to have them for a few seconds as you are either scared into fully waking up or you continue the transition into sleep.