Ok, so here's the story (Short version),

I quit my job a few months ago and in my town that's not a good thing to do because there aren't many jobs available and it's damn near impossible to find one.

Now I basically sit at home all day on my computer or playing my Wii and haven't been out much since I quit, so basically I'm a lazy bastard.

Now I've also noticed that the past few months I haven't grown much, if at all in height and I'm kinda worried because I'm not very tall at all and was hoping for some kind of growth spurt in the coming year. I'm 16 and a half and 167cms tall (5 foot 8 if my math is correct, but I don't know to be honest), my parents aren't very tall, I'm not that far behind my Dad (He's about 10 cms taller) but I'm hoping to get at least as tall as him.

Which finally leads me to my question... Would the lack of sunlight and all it's goodness be stunting my growth? And if so, does anyone know if you could start growing again if you go outside alot and get lots of sunlight?

I heard somewhere that there's a connection between not getting any sunlight and not growing, so don't think I made it up.

Thanks
I think you need to excersize a bit more to grow. Although I'm not enturely sure that you can affect how you grow yourself. I'm not sure if sunlight would work though... I doubt it.
well unless your a plant i dont think it will work
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by ChazBcWarlock

I doubt it considering.

1. Last year I grew alot and was mostly in the house for the whole summer.

2. The only real nutrient the sun gives you I belive is Vitamin D, and you only really need to stay out in the sun for about 10 mins to get the amount you need.
Exposure to sunlight causes your body to secrete certain hormones that come in handy, it isn't the main factor affecting growth but it does.
*pulls lamp up to penis*
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by ChazBcWarlock

+1

I don't think it affects anything.. if your parents are short.. then maybe the shortness runs in the family. Not in my case though.. my grandmother was 4'8, my mother 5'2 and my father 5'5, but I'm 6'0 at 16. So maybe you might shoot up there..
Last edited by kiefermatot at Aug 24, 2007,
Quote by paper shredder
shouldnt u be in school?

That's the thing, I left school and went into a full-time job, but I've since quit and now I'm job-less and don't go to school.

I'm hoping to find another job pretty soon, because school isn't really the place for me at the moment.
Quote by pAmpH
That's the thing, I left school and went into a full-time job, but I've since quit and now I'm job-less and don't go to school.

I'm hoping to find another job pretty soon, because school isn't really the place for me at the moment.

Sir, you phail. I'm sorry. What was your job anyway?
Nah i doubt it, most of my life someones been telling me i need more sun. Ive always been a bit of a recluse and im 6'4"
Quote by paulvxD
Sir, you phail. I'm sorry. What was your job anyway?

It was an apprenticeship in Certificate III Mechanical Engineering, but then after the trial period I realised it wasn't what I wanted to do.
That's it im standing outside with my penis hanging out the fly of my pants for the next 3 days.
I love white guitars!
Quote by pAmpH
It was an apprenticeship in Certificate III Mechanical Engineering, but then after the trial period I realised it wasn't what I wanted to do.

You certainly had everything planned didn't you Where are your parents?

Quote by Eat_0n_Kent
That's it im standing outside with my penis hanging out the fly of my pants for the next 3 days.

You need a certain amount of sunlight to do something to allow you to get the benefit of vitamin D, I think it is.

The amount of sunlight you need a day to do this is absolutely tiny though, you'd have to lock yourself in a safe to not get it.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by pAmpH
My parents? They're in the dining room.

Ok, so. You dropped out of school to pursue some job and then you realized it's not what you wanted to do and now you're worrying about your height?

No, I realised today when someone commented on how it didn't look like I was getting any taller, then it got me thinking why and that was the only explanation I could think of.
Quote by Eat_0n_Kent
That will REALLY stunt it's growth.

1 - Stand outside with your penis hanging out the fly of your pants for the next 3 days.

2 - Get arrested a few minutes into day 1.

3 - Get convicted of being a sexual deviant.

4 - Go to Jail/Prison.

5 - Bubba jerks a knot up your ass.

6 - Your testicles re-ascend, never to descend again.

7 - Your penis shrinks to a stub.

8 - ?????????

9 - PROFIT!!!

...and by profit, I mean live happily ever after with Bubba.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Maybe if you stayed out of natural sunlight completely for a very long extended period of time...
I think it has a small influence, but not much. You're probably just not growing at the minute. Simple as that.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.