Hey, I'm getting some new strings on Saturday, and I was looking for some advice on what strings to get for metal, and playing in dropped B.

I recently got some D'Addario 0.011 - 0.049's, but the E string was hitting off of the 1'st and 2nd fret markers, so I really need to change, because it is really annoying.
Yes, I have change the action, truss rod, and intonation.

Any advice on what thickness / brand will be appreciated.

Thanks

My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
10-52's should just about work, but i would recommend getting some 12's or something for that kinda tuning as 11's i personally think are a little too light, brand is irrelevant really....use what you want. Also a dont expect to be changing tunings too drastically with those strings, you'll cause no end of problems.
Yep - 12's would be better, 13's maybe. I played 11's in standard comfortably. Also consider getting a heavier seven string set and ditching the highest string, or buying a bass string for the lowest.
I forget the name and the thickness but if the store has a big selection, ask for the ones that Dimebag used to use. I have them and they sound real nice. Also if your gonna be playing Dropped B learn Parabol and Parabola by Tool. They kick ass.
lol, i'll learn them just for you =P

Erm, yeah, I'll go for 0.052's which are the lowest 6 on a 7 string set =]

edit:

0.052's are the low B string... can't remember what the other B string would be on the 7 string

edit edit :

I'm a twat.. the lowest is 0.060 lol

(.011) .013 .020 .030 .042 .052 .060
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Last edited by FNAFJ at Aug 24, 2007,
13-60. or at the least, 11-58. Anything less feels too slack.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Instead on buying a 7 string set why dont you just buy some heavy gauge 6 string set....? it would work out cheaper and you wouldnt have an extra string left over...
yeah, just depends on what they have at the shop =]
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun