not sure which one to get, i mainly play in my house but im thinking of joining a band so im not sure if the blues junior is loud enough, however 300 dollars is a big dif between amps any suggestions
i've heard some very good things about the blues junior.
never played it myself though im afraid.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
The Blues Jr. should be fine for practicing with a band and by yourself at home. Also, as long as you mic it up, it should be okay for gigs. The Blues Deluxe will have better headroom, and will be able to play louder without a mic.
If you want cleans at high volumes, it'd be worth saving up for the Blues Deluxe, or even a Peavey Classic 30. The Blues Jr will break up at gigging volume, I think.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Buy used!

You should be able to find a used Blues Deluxe for the price of new Blues Jr. Look around.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The Blues Jr is great for band practices, that level's its sweet spot. You can use the BJ at home too, while the Deluxe is loud.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
The Blues Jr is great for band practices, that level's its sweet spot. You can use the BJ at home too, while the Deluxe is loud.

+1

And we're both talking from experience here.
You won't be around forever girl, you gotta grab life with both hands.

Gear:
USA Fender Telecaster
Tweed Fender Blues Junior
Boss DD-3
Boss RC-2
Boss BD-2
Boss GE-7
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Handmade AB box
MXR Micro Amp Clone
Quote by R_H_C_P

i didn't like the BJ, those knobs felt so fragile... they arent attached to the chassis...
and the deluxe isn't too loud for home practice

TS, i also had to choose between those two and you can see what i chose.
it's worth the extra, it sounds better, and you can gig with it clean if you want too.
it's fine for home practising too. and it has 2 inputs tooo which can be handy.
i strongly recommend the blues deluxe oh an d another thing, if you want od from the BJ, then you'll have to get earplugs or a pedal, but the BD has built-in od.
Last edited by The red Strat. at Aug 24, 2007,
I've tried the BJ, and I'm getting one real soon. Great amp, and the cleans are great. When cranked, it'd sound sweeeet
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
I love my BJr. Can't beat it on cleans and warm, tube-y overdrive. I've been able to play mine with my band for practices and such, but as for gigs it'll need to be mic'ed. But still, it's hard to beat a BJr. + a Shure SM57. I also liked the Blues Deluxe, but decided on the BJr. and couldn't be happier right now.
My Gear:

Agile AL-2000 (Tiger-Eye)
Ibanez Acoustic/Electric

Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez TS-7 Tubescreamer [Keeley Modded]