Im thinking of doing this. Id be using email not msn or anything. I know this is the cowardly way out but is it still acceptable or should I just grow some balls and do it in person
Quote by demoniacfashion
definitely with the balls

Ye in person except for extra emphasis, kick him in the balls
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
would you want your girlfriend to dump you via email?
...didn't think so.

go see the guy and be calm, if he gets angry AFTER you've told him why you see fit to kick him out, then just leave. if he'll let you leave in one piece.

good luck

i'd like to add that kicking someone out of a band is effing harsh man. you better have a good reason.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Definitely do it in person. Good luck.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
I had that happen to me last year. The band I was with sent me a myspace message saying that all the members quit and were forming a new band and it was signed by every member in the band but me! I tried calling all of them, but no one would pick up their phone. I finally got ahold of someone to tell me when I could come to the practice spot and grab all my stuff.

When I got there, there was pretty much no mention until the singer said "So what do you think of the band situation.."

I pretty much told him that I wasn't going to waste my time argueing with him and then proceeded to call them a bunch of sissies for sending me a farking myspace message to kick me out after 8 months of hard work. When I asked who was the one who sent it, no one would admit to it. One member wouldn't even look me in the face and another member even denied the message existed! I just left and forgot about them (I was in 2 bands at the time, so I still had a project)

Payback came later when that band broke up less than a month after that event occured. The singer later admitted that kicking me out was the worst mistake the band ever made.... probably because none of those guys had the skills to manage a band successfully.

In other words, be a man and do it in person.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
If you are going to fire someone, even in something as intimate as a band.. or especially so.. it is proffesional to do it face to face. If you don't have the nerve to do that you shouldn't be in a position where you get to make those decisions and or be a spokesman for the people that do.
yey or little ths has finaly got his balls....hes growing up!
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by danielrobbyshor
would you want your girlfriend to dump you via email?
...didn't think so.

go see the guy and be calm, if he gets angry AFTER you've told him why you see fit to kick him out, then just leave. if he'll let you leave in one piece.

good luck

i'd like to add that kicking someone out of a band is effing harsh man. you better have a good reason.

My first girlfriend dumped me over email. It was pathetic. Defeinitely grow the balls to tell him in person. I'm sure if he's a reasonable person he'll understand.
Do it in person. Call a "band meeting".

When we got rid of our bassist, we actually gave him a second chance. We told him "If you don't start showing up for practice, you'll get sacked". Then, when he ignored that statement, we all got together and told him that since he didn't listen to what we say, he was fired.

Why is he being sacked anyway?
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
The reason why SHE is being sacked: doesnt work together, musical/creative differences (she loves evanescence, we love black sabbath), doesnt sing nearly as well as our new singer does.

And yeah I do feel bad, because those arent great reasons, we just get along with the new guy better, we sound better and we write better This is the only band shes ever been in, shes been in for 3 years so this is going to be hard.

Havnt done it yet, but it will get done.

EDIT: Mr.Cuddles learn how to spell.
Last edited by krymson at Aug 27, 2007,