Page 1 of 4
Ok, I didn't put this in the political thread cuz things always get diverted in there.

Can someone tell me, from an anarchists point of view, the pros of anarchy? I'm trying to think about it with an open mind but I just can't see an upside.

EDIT: and dont say zomg you r punk rocker and u r not knowing anarchy u r a poser

I made this username when I liked some punk but I never really examined their motives
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Last edited by Punk Rocker at Aug 24, 2007,
anarchy is bliss
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Gays aren't discriminated against, they just can't get married, big ****ing deal.
there is no upside, cause in my opinion, anarchy doesn't even exist.

anarchy is basically no form of government, so as soon as somebody says, "ok, no

government no rules" they are then making some sort of rules and governmemntal

system.
I already tried wikiing it....this is the computer my whole family uses (including my 10 year old brother) so there are parental controls and ****

And so I turned to UG
-John Lennon
Quote by Punk Rocker
Ok, I didn't put this in the political thread cuz things always get diverted in there.

Can someone tell me, from an anarchists point of view, the pros of anarchy? I'm trying to think about it with an open mind but I just can't see an upside.

EDIT: and dont say zomg you r punk rocker and u r not knowing anarchy u r a poser

I made this username when I liked some punk but I never really examined their motives

Its really just being able to do what you want to, and living the way you want without the government ordering you around. But anarchy would never work out, because of human nature, many people would rape and pillage, thus the world would be in utter chaos.
Without a government system, the people would govern themselves.

Sure, you could steal, kill and break any "law" you wanted, but they can, too.

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
You can't see an upside? No centralised government, law enforcement or taxation, every community runs all of its own affairs without a bunch of suits halfway across the country deciding what's best for you. I struggle to see a downside...
Zed: Bring out the Gimp.
Maynard: But the Gimp's sleeping.
Zed: Well, I guess you better go and wake him up then...
Capitalism and Democracy work, they always will.

Please deal with it.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by Maverick49
You can't see an upside? No centralised government, law enforcement or taxation, every community runs all of its own affairs without a bunch of suits halfway across the country deciding what's best for you. I struggle to see a downside...

Cause your an idiot....

Dont be stupid, there is no upside to anarchy.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

^
+1

But so that its not spam, the pros of Anarchy are the following:
*It gives you most freedom to do whatever you want than all other systems.

Thats about it for me

democracy ftw

EDIT: to rickyy
very frustrated guitar player

член в русской группе UG! PM Vindiction to join!

And the worst comeback in the history of UG is:
Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

Quote by Maverick49

That's not anarchy, that's just democracy on a small scale.

Anarchy can't exist so long as there are people who want power and control to seize a position of power and those who want security and wealth to bow down and follow.

If that was happening in an anarchic state no doubt a small militia led by one or two strong leaders would seize control of the town and tax the hell out of it. You have no army, you're powerless to stop them. They'll burn your houses and kill all your families.

And thus you have totalitarianism in your fluffy anarchic town.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Maverick49

because anarchy means no laws, and the world would be in utter chaos.

Jack my swag
Quote by preludetowar
Cause your an idiot....

Dont be stupid, there is no upside to anarchy.

Hey man, no need to be a prick about it, I was only expressing my humble opinion and I wasn't calling anyone an idiot, learn some ****ING manners...
Quote by Punk Rocker
I already tried wikiing it....this is the computer my whole family uses (including my 10 year old brother) so there are parental controls and ****

And so I turned to UG

score one to my parents for letting me have a computer in my room!
Quote by Maverick49
Hey man, no need to be a prick about it, I was only expressing my humble opinion and I wasn't calling anyone an idiot, learn some ****ING manners...

well what you said wasnt anarchy

Jack my swag
Anarchy is not no rules, it's no rulers, it's self-government. This is probably the biggest misconception about anarchism.

I guess you could say the pros are increased freedom, not being oppressed, not being robbed of the products of your labour, a more equitable distribution of resources and a society built on co-operation and not competition.

I'm not advocating anarchy though, so don't ****ing flame me.
correct gopherthegreat

people don't really get what it means for there to be total anarchy
Quote by sergio_valente
Anarchy is not no rules, it's no rulers, it's self-government. This is probably the biggest misconception about anarchism.

I guess you could say the pros are increased freedom, not being oppressed, not being robbed of the products of your labour, a more equitable distribution of resources and a society built on co-operation and not competition.

It just isn't in human nature to not be competitive though. Greed is a trait of all mammals.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Maverick49

how about no schools, benefits for unemployed or disabled people, no controls on pollution, nothing to prevent you from being robbed/abused/killed no organised army which leaves you vulnerable to be taken over by another country which isn't an anarchist society which would then render the anarchy obsolete.

Government is needed for many things from regulating public services to spreading the wealth of a nation to those who need it.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Rankles
It just isn't in human nature to not be competitive though. Greed is a trait of all mammals.

Precisely the reason why democracy and capitalism works best.

Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

I get the overall goal of anarchy

I just don't think that it could ever work out, not in the world of today at least.

And thanks for all comments so far
-John Lennon
Quote by sergio_valente

^^^ This guy is talking sense! Oh and by the way, I studied political science at university for 4 years, so flamers, don't try to teach me about anarchism, I think I know a little bit more about it than you...
Quote by Rankles

I agree, No matter what our political compass is, we are all still governed by the laws of nature. Its natural to be competitive because as animals we are driven to breed, peacocks have their pretty feathers and in the same way we express our ability to provide for a mate and offspring by demonstrating wealth, health, strength and power.

Anarchy is a nice idea though, personal responsibility.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Quote by Maverick49

You struggle to see a downside? How about a biker gang raping and killing your whole family?
Anarchism, much like Communism would never, ever be sucessful without the cooperation of literally every person involved.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but Somalia has not had a Government since what, the early 1990's? The areas are controlled by armed militias and warlords. This is how Anarchism works, people.

People will ALWAYS lust for power. Why else do you think we have leaders anyways?

And to prove my theory on how Capitalism and Democracy works as a system, chances are we all live in countries with a very high quality of life. I do, I live in Canada.

''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
^ yes on that somalia bit, ive read it in Wiki i think

Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

Quote by Archaon
You struggle to see a downside? How about a biker gang raping and killing your whole family?

Yes, that's a real concern for me, seeing as I live in sleepy old middle England...
Yeah, most people have no clue what anarchism is.

Either way, democracy does NOT seem to be working. Look at all the killings, suicides, robberies. Not to mention the HUGE tax/money problem! I hate to say it, but people aren't necessarily "free" when it comes to democracy. It's like saying, okay, you can either work for the rest of your life until you're old, fragile and have two bad knees, or your other option is you can not work at all and live on the streets with no family, no money, no food, no NOTHING. Neither one sounds too appealing. Now, of course I know it's not always like this... What I'm saying is it should never be like this.

I'm not saying ditch democracy, and I'm not saying GO ANARCHISM! I'm just saying that something needs to change, because this clearly isn't working.

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
The first ten or so minutes of anarchy would be great. You could do whatever the hell you wanted. But since people are naturally evil we'd all start killing each other and destroying the planet even faster than with governments.
Quote by Maverick49
Yes, that's a real concern for me, seeing as I live in sleepy old middle England...

Okay, I'm just going to get this over with ..

If we had an Anarchist state, I would come and beat your face in.

Concerned yet?
Quote by Ahh Shaith

Either way, democracy does NOT seem to be working. Look at all the killings, suicides, robberies. Not to mention the HUGE tax/money problem! I hate to say it, but people aren't necessarily "free" when it comes to democracy. It's like saying, okay, you can either work for the rest of your life until you're old, fragile and have two bad knees, or your other option is you can not work at all and live on the streets with no family, no money, no food, no NOTHING. Neither one sounds too appealing. Now, of course I know it's not always like this... What I'm saying is it should never be like this.

I'm not saying ditch democracy, and I'm not saying GO ANARCHISM! I'm just saying that something needs to change, because this clearly isn't working.

Amen brother, the people who go around saying that democracy is all fine and dandy seem to be the biggest nutjobs to me!
Quote by Maverick49

Its an example.....How would you feel if you lived in a anarchy society and that happened to your familey? No law enforcment no punishment. Wheres the upside in that?
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Quote by Ahh Shaith

If democracy is this bad, what would Anarchy be? any better? no. Democracy is a state controlled chaos, and thankfully those people tend to have half a brain to stop the population from raping/robbing/killing the other half of the population, whereas Anarchy IS simply chaos, where crimes would be 10x as more developed, health care reduced to minimum and levels of education similar to those of the middle ages.

/opinion, no need to flame

Bloody anarchists...

Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

Quote by Maverick49
Amen brother, the people who go around saying that democracy is all fine and dandy seem to be the biggest nutjobs to me!

Indeed! People need to open their eyes!

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
Quote by Lemoninfluence
how about no schools, benefits for unemployed or disabled people, no controls on pollution, nothing to prevent you from being robbed/abused/killed no organised army which leaves you vulnerable to be taken over by another country which isn't an anarchist society which would then render the anarchy obsolete.

Government is needed for many things from regulating public services to spreading the wealth of a nation to those who need it.

How about we head on over to papua New Guinea,

there are tribes over there without national health services, controls on pollution, benefits of unemployed or disabled, children learn valuable life skills without ever setting foot in a classroom, the only thing you have to prevent robbery or abuse is your own human strength. It sounds awful saying this-and i wish i could think of a better way to put it but those born weak or disabled dont live long, and therefor dont get the opportunity to breed. Evolution.

They arent in anarchy, theyre governed by traditions and rules the same as us, but on a much more rural, simplistic scale.

As it is, in britain, the nhs is a joke, benefits are being used up by individuals more than capable of earning a ****ing living, pollution is an ongoing barrel of laughs and hundreds of people are abused, mugged and killed every day.

If they are the perks of a modern day corporately governed society then im not sure we're on the right track...
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Page 1 of 4