I have the worst issue of socializing with other people. My problem is never being ever to start a conversation. it makes look like such a retard.

so if you guys have any good advice please reply. it would mean a lot to me.
I have the exact same problem, bordering on a phobia. I am absolutely terrified of breaking a silence or talking to someone before they talk to me.

And I don't know why
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
um...I wont go up to people I don't know and talk to them unless its for certain reasons like asking to play soccer with/against them. But if Im with friends/people I know then breaking a silence with something funny is always nice ...just do it ( (c) Nike)
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
think of it this way, nobody is going to laugh at you for breaking the ice, aslong as you dont say something like "did you see that documentry on T.V last night about whales?".

Just sound cool, and say something natural, also if you dont put pressure on yourself it'll be easyier.
I don't like calling people. Maybe it's cos i like to see people when i talk to them or not i dunno. Starting convo's i'm alright in i suppose.
Just say something like "Did you see that documentary on T.V last night about whales?" or something like that.
myspace.com/firelence
Quote by Onaur
I have the worst issue of socializing with other people. My problem is never being ever to start a conversation. it makes look like such a retard.

so if you guys have any good advice please reply. it would mean a lot to me.
Retarded people are very kind. I know a few. I think it's sort of ugly to use retard as a put-down. They also don't seem to have any problems starting a conversation. Using that term to put yourself down didn't work so well. Actually when it comes to starting a conversation, you'd probably be better off if you were retarded.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Scott28
Just say something like "Did you see that documentary on T.V last night about whales?" or something like that.

Gay Whales?
if its silent then its the other persons resposibility to talk just as much as its yours. if u get me.
so dont worry about it
ok maybe retard wasnt such a good word i guess i'm too used to using it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Retarded people are very kind. I know a few. I think it's sort of ugly to use retard as a put-down. They also don't seem to have any problems starting a conversation. Using that term to put yourself down didn't work so well. Actually when it comes to starting a conversation, you'd probably be better off if you were retarded.

this 30 year old chick with downs syndrome tried to punch my brother in the face for riding his bike on the dock at a lake. The same person also threw a plateload of hot fries at someones face because the ketchup top was messy. I think there would have to be a lot more where that came from...

but then again theres this gay chinese guy with downs and hes pretty funny. Makes fun of this kid who thinks hes so cool. lol.
Well just learn to be yourself, also, ask open ended questions that you think can go somewhere (what kind of music do you like, what area they are from, even asking how someones day was or a random thing that catches your eye, etc.).
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.