Would it be possible to install a switch so as you could boost.overdrive the signal from your guitar?

If so, how?

Cos I'd really like to have one of these =P

Thanks
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Its possible. You could
A) Buy an overpriced Black Ice distortion mod from Stew-Mac and use it to replace the current cap on your tone pot, turning your tone pot into the "crunch" pot.
B) Make your own by placing a couple of diodes in place of the cap on the tone pot like here:
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/blackice.htm
C) Buy an active pre-amp to place in the guitar that will give a signal boost (Such as the EMG After Burner).

Both methods A + B require a hot tube amp to begin with or it will sound thin and generally horrible.
this is unclear...you want onboard overdrive?

well, overdrive is created with preamp tubes (otherwise its called a distortion to me).

explain your point a bit further, and i might helf you further
You could build yourself a Tube Screamer or OD250, mount it in your guitar, and add a DPDT switch if you like. You could also build something like an LPB1, or Micro Amp to boost the signal going out, though not overdrive it.
I'm talklng about what that first guy said =]

which I might do =]
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Quote by call1800ksmyazz
No.... Not necessarily.

yeah, technically not, that's why i said '(to me)'..

I'd try the diode method, really easy. just take out the cap, put in one diode (led) going one way, the connect another one going the other way.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
is there any site with like pics of this, cos I'm new to modding =]

but I know a lot about electronics 'n' stuff =]
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun