hey, the last time our band opened for a famous band which was like awsome the people realy liked us there.so the manager told us that if we wanna open for the same band again in the same place, at a part of a blues festival that would be great.
but he said that we have to do bluesy kinda songs and nothing to psychadelic.

so i neeed your help

recomend me some bluesy songs for that show.

only like 5 songs.

i had in mind we play some 12 bar blues, and lazy by deep purple.

looking forward to your suggestions

EDIT: i should also state that we have no singer so suggest please songs that would sound good intrumental
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Last edited by Joey-Tribiani at Aug 24, 2007,
i played at blues fest once
we played songs by an scottish punk band
never got invited back to it

try george thoroughgood or any early british invasion band i think would be fine
Texas Flood- Stevie Ray Vaughn
Red House- Jimi Hendrix
I once heard this band do an all instrumental version of Crosstown Traffic, and they replaced the vocals with guitar parts, but I wouldn't know how to go about doing that.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
Doctor - The Answer
Red House - Jimi Hendrix
Radar Love - Golding Earring, its not as bluesy as the other two but its an interesting song to play. Plenty of room for improvisation.
Million Miles Away - Rory Gallagher, listen to the live version on Irish tour.
Crossroads-Cream
Bell Bottom Blues-Derek and the Dominoes
Cocaine-Eric Clapton
Texas Flood-Stevie Ray Vaughan

Those would be some good staples. Start the show with Corssroads if you use it-great way to get the crowd going. At the end of the entire show you should get the best people from all the bands and play Layla. That would be an epic way to end the night.
1: Green Onions (Booker T and the MG's) (there are many other versions) this is an all time standard.
2:Hideaway (Freddie King)
3:The Stumble (Freddie King)
4: The thrill is gone is not an instruumental but it can be
5: Do a rhumba like Don't you lie to me (Albert King) and just do it instrumentaly
That gives you a nice variety, check these tunes out. I have been playing for 40 yrs, and have performed with many famous bluesmen, The main thing is have fun!
Keepin the blues alive!
Lenny - Stevie Ray Vaughan
Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix (easily made into instrumental)
Smooth - Santana (He's not pure blues but he's blues-rock)
Jessica - The Allman Brothers
Cause We've Ended as Lovers - Jeff Beck
Another good song would be The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin. It works great as an instrumental.
Boogie Funk by Freddie King
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
Little Wing!
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space