i have a ep lp special 2 and a stinky 10 w amp, but it actually isnt bad for just playing in my room, and that what i do. for a better sound, would it be smarter to buy new strings and replace the stock strings, or a new amp and replace the 10w amp?
ok first of all how long have you had those strings on there...if you shread your guitar ALOT its wise to replace strings like maybe 2-3 times a month...but if you dont jam much id say replace about 1ce a month...And always replace the stock strings (this is if you bought from a store) you never know how long they have been on for.
Current Setup..
Ibanez RG 2EX2
Some 1980's Fender Amp..(M-80)
Boss Distortian
Crybaby Original
Also strings are only around 5-10 dollars...so before you go with a new amp be sure to replace the strings and see how much that helps. Wouldnt you have spending around 200+ dollars when the problem could be solved with 5-10 dollars?
Current Setup..
Ibanez RG 2EX2
Boss Distortian
Crybaby Original
alright, i had no idea you should change that often, i play everyday for like a hour. also any advice on what strings to get, i like metal, classical rock, like w.e led z. is lol, and punk rock.
well i usually go with d addarios (medium light) but they get this horrible feeling on your fingers after about a week of playing...so idk just look around, and try out different strings each time you re-string, and make sure you remember which brand is the good ones haha
Current Setup..
Ibanez RG 2EX2
Boss Distortian
Crybaby Original
Quote by GuitarNoob113
alright, i had no idea you should change that often, i play everyday for like a hour. also any advice on what strings to get, i like metal, classical rock, like w.e led z. is lol, and punk rock.

You shouldn't, he's talking bollocks...ideally you'd change strings every 2-3 months, however you can usually get away with about 6 before they get completely shagged.

First thing to save up for is a new amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com